http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: This One Goes To Eleven

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

This One Goes To Eleven

Okay...we need some content here, no matter how it's done, so let's take the easy route and do a meme. Mr. Fab (seen his new digs yet?) has assigned this one to me. It's an easy one...he assigns me a letter and I must come up with five songs that I dig that start with that letter. Mr. Fab, being as he is a big showoff always up to a challenge did ten with his.

Hey. I ain't lettin' that guy show me up. I'm doing ten too. Ten if it kills me.

Songs Starting With The Letter D:

1. Daniel - Elton John - Not my favorite Elton John song but it could be in the top three. Top two maybe. I love his voice in this song.

2. Do You Want To Know A Secret - The Beatles - One of the first Beatles songs I learned the words to. I could sing it from beginning to end before I learned to count to twenty.

3. Don't Bother Me - The Beatles - " Because I know she'll always be
The only girl for me". I love the way they sing that line. Good George penned song.

4. Darkness On The Edge Of Town - Bruce Springsteen - Well, as far as I'm concerned, this entire album is perfect. Just one example of why.

5. Desperado - Johnny Cash - Yeah, I know it's an Eagles song but Johnny's way cooler than the Eagles. I like the way he does this song too.

6. Drive All Night - Bruce Springsteen - When The River first came out I had recently broken up with my first really serious boyfriend. I'd play this song over and over and just cry and cry and cry. Weirdly enough that's not a bad memory for me.

7. Do You Wanna Dance? - The Ramones - Rock and roll standard with the Ramones twist.

8. Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes - Paul Simon - The whole Graceland album is great and this is one of my favorite tracks.

9. Dumb Blonde - Dolly Parton - I loves me some Dolly.

10. Drive (For Daddy Gene) - Alan Jackson - I loves me some Alan. If this song doesn't get to you, I don't know what would.

11. Desire - U2 - Makes me jump up and fling myself around the room.

Heh. Did eleven. Touch me.

Want to play too? Leave me a comment and I'll give you a letter.

15Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

me!! I want to play!!!

1:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOH! I want a letter! :)

1:03 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sam, you get R...like Rebecca.

Kara, give me songs starting with the letter T.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Acinom said...

I wanna play too!

4:46 AM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

Me too!!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

I've flung for 11, too.

Of course I want to play.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

R - hmmmm, let me think.

1 - rhinestone cowboy - glenn cambell - just makes me sing!
2 - ring of fire - johnny cash - I am in a real Johnny Cash phase at the moment, so had to include one of his!
3 - rio - dutran duran - reminds me of more carefree teenage days
4 - rock around the clock - bill haley - reminds me of my Dad dancing at my wedding!
5 - Rock your body - justin trousersnake - just a good, boppy song.
6- rodeo - garth brooks - no explanation needed really - but Garth is king!
7 - rotterdam - the beautiful south - the lyrics this band constantly comes up with are amazing, so poetic.
8- Run to you - Bryan Adams - full volume, sing your head off fun!
9- ruby tuesday - Rolling Stones - a classic
10 - round here - counting crows - possibly omy fave song - ever!
11 -rollover DJ - Jet - it makes me strut! I kid you not!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Monica - see what you can do with the letter M.

Big Finn - I'll give you the letter H.

Jemima - I'm assigning you the letter C.

11:13 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

Ok...here they are in alphabetical order:

Hash Pipe by Weezer - The guitar riff, Rivers Cuomo's falsetto singing...it's all good!

Have A Cigar by Pink Floyd - I love the entire album (Wish You Were Here). Picture it...TBF in his bedroom in the late 70s, long hair, headphones and blacklight on, staring at the album cover.

Head Over Heels by Tears For Fears - Just a great pop song. I think of watching the video on MTV in our first house in the late 80s.

Heart Of The Sunrise by Yes - I love Yes, and I think this is one of their best songs. It was the highlight of the first time I saw them in concert on September 24, 1978.

Heartache Tonight by The Eagles - I dare anybody to not tap their foot or nod their head to the beat when this song comes on.

Heavy On My Heart by Anastacia - I'll never understand why this woman is not super famous in the U.S. She absolutely sings her heart out on this song...I get chills when I listen to it!

Here Comes The Rain Again by Eurythmics - Another great pop song from the late 80s. It's a very fitting song for living in Switzerland...where it's always raining.

Heroes by David Bowie - I loved this song the first time I heard it. It's definitely one of my Top 5 favorite songs of all time.

Hey You by Pink Floyd - P.F. gets a second nod. David Gilmour's guitar solo in this song is one of the best I've ever heard. I remember dancing to this song at my senior prom when the band did an admirable job of covering it.

Hyperactive by Thomas Dolby - Mrs. TBF is a much bigger T.D. fan than I am, but I've always loved the bass line and the trombone in this song. I think it's his best song by far.

Thanks...that was fun!

11:53 AM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Is it too late for me to have one too please??

4:17 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Zoe I have save the letter L just for you!

10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gimme a letter!

#2 - That was the first Beatles song I knew all the words to, I'm sure.

#4 - Me too.

#6 - The River is my favorite Bruce album. Not his best, but I've got a huge sentimental attachment to it.

#8 - Graceland is one of my all-time favorite albums.

#10 - Makes me sob every time I hear it.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Okay Robin, let's see what you can do with the letter S!

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 songs I dig that begin with the letter S.

1. She's Crafty by the Beastie Boys, because 1) I love them, and 2) it's been in my head for the past hour, thanks to a comment on my blog.

2. Silver & Gold by Neil Young, because of my friend Kristina. She put it on the CD I listened to during most of my long, miserable labor. It makes me think of her, and of Clara Jane, and gets to me like few songs do. Which is saying something.

3. Shot in the Arm - Wilco, because, well, I can't really explain. I love everything about this song. I relate to this song.

4. Slow Dancing - U2 & Willie Nelson, because it's U2 and Willie Nelson.

5. So. Central Rain - REM, because it's been one of my favorite REM songs since the dawn of time.

6. Somebody to Love - Queen, because it's perfect.

7. Spirit in the Night - Bruce Springsteen, because it's one of the first Springsteen songs that really struck me. I still think it's some of his best storytelling.

8. Steady, as She Goes - The Raconteaurs, because it's one of the only songs released in the past six months that I've really, truly loved.

9. Stop Your Sobbing - The Pretenders, simply because Chrissy Hynde is one of the coolest people, ever.

10. Street-Fighting Man - Rolling Stones, because, well, it's perfect.

And a bonus song ...

11. Suffragette City - David Bowie. Wham bam, thank you ma'am!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Great job, Robin! Love your picks...they were perfect!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home