http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Selfish

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Selfish

~ I want to lay on a hammock on a tropical island.

~ I want to live in London for a year.

~ I want to sit in my friend Lisa's kitchen in Illinois and eat cream horns and then us go to junk shops with Poppy.

~ I want to see my youngest nephew in a play at the community theatre.

~ I want to be able to french braid my own hair.

~ I want to have drinks with my friends at the Peabody in Memphis and watch the ducks.

~ I want to go to Florence with Darling Mollie.

~ I want a pedicure and a facial.

~ I want to go to the movies with my sister and then sit in her kitchen and play rummy.

~ I want some really, really perfect french fries with just a little ketchup and mayo on the side.

~ I want to shop for Christmas decoration with my dear friend, Susan.

~ I want to sit all day and watch my favorite classic films.

~ I want to sit next to my mother in church.

~ I want to see fireworks.

~ I want to hold a baby.

~ I want to drive for hours and sing along with the radio.

~ I want to waltz with my husband and have him kiss the top of my head.

7Comments:

Blogger Tiffany said...

I wish I could make any of these come true for you. (((Dixie)))

Oh and I wish I could come to Germany and hug you in person. (and steal some knitted blankets and scarves LOL)

11:05 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

My hope is that however you decide to handle the caregiving of B while you are in the States - works so well, that you will feel able to take a week off every year. Maybe tick things off your list one year at a time. In the meantime, I will say a prayer for you, for a little peace.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw.

I want you to have all those things, but especially the junks shops and Peabody.

(I'm a little selfish that way.)

11:58 PM  
Blogger Miz said...

I wish, most of all, for the last one to come true.

4:28 AM  
Blogger The DP said...

Oh Dixie. I never talked on my blog about the Ole Miss Frat Boy Tradition- stealing the ducks at the Peabody. It transcends generations and every year somebody thinks it would be really cool to nab a duck. But evidently the ducks are trained and hard to replace.

Excuse me while I repress, I have been witness to too many attempted duck-nappings.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-I can do number five! :D
-Number nine - yes, please! (mine, not yours, although I'm sure yours would be very pleasant too, I'd have a hard time explaining who I was and what I was doing there)
-Number ten - had that. Here.
-Number twelve - done it. People don't like that. They tend to speak in whispers if you admit it.
-Number thirteen, yes. Oh please, yes. Just one more time. And then one more, and one more. Ever see someone cry continuously through a whole church service? They'd have to send me to the parking lot to get anything accomplished. I miss my mommy.
-Number fourteen - heavenly. Especially smelling their tiny heads.
-Number fifteen - my old hobby.
-Number sixteen, I wish for you with all my heart. One day this will happen. Maybe not here, but it will. Won't that be a perfect day.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Awwwww. There are times when it's really good to be selfish and this is one of them! I have tears in my eyes....

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home