http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Friday the 13th Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Friday the 13th Edition

I'm not normally one who believes that bad things happen on Friday the 13th but damn if today hasn't proved me wrong. The weather is horrible, someone put a sales flyer on my car and the rain made the nice shiny paper stick to the windshield, I've had a roaring headache all day, B's had a stomach ache for days, I got my ass into a misunderstanding among my extended in-law family and have only myself to blame for my contribution to it, and Bonnie threw up on my freshy washed bathroom rug (no evidence of tick consumption though).

And yet there are always some lovely bright spots in an otherwise crap day.

First, the postman came to my door - the hot one with the really good legs - and brought me a package from Poppy. Poppy has tried to learn to knit socks and she's just not taken to it so we worked out an arrangment where she sends me the yarn and I send her back socks. Very win-win because I love to knit socks for others and get to play with fun yarn but I don't have to pay for the yarn. She not only sent me yarn to be rearranged into socks but sent me some amazing cobweb weight kid mohair blend that will make an incredible shawl even if I do chance losing my mind while knitting it. And perhaps it was the identical cousin thing working between us but she also sent me her bamboo double pointed needles and one set was exactly what I've been needing. Needles over here are in millimeters - whole and half - and in the the smaller sizes they don't always exactly correspond to US sizes. To be able to tweak my sock gauge a bit better I've been wanting non-exsistant 2.75mm needles and since the needles Poppy sent were US sized, I got my 2.75 mm. Touch me! Add to it that Poppy sent me a bunch of great tea, which is just what my sour mood called for, and I was seeing some silver lining around this day's dark clouds. I have been heaped with affection this week and I am grateful for my lovely friends.

Now that the good stuff has conquered the crap of the day, let's shuffle.
  1. In A Big Country - Big Country
  2. A Million Ways - OK Go
  3. Hands - The Raconteurs
  4. Because Of You - The Mavericks
  5. Crazy Love - Poco
  6. Under A Violet Moon - Blackmore's Night
  7. In My Place - Coldplay
  8. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
  9. Try Again - Keane
  10. Do You Want To Know A Secret? - The Beatles
A shuffle reflecting the extremes of my Friday the 13th. Bixente the iPod always knows.

Hope your weekend is extremely good.

4Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Marv shuffle, props to Bixente!

I hope your weekend picks up a bit, happy-wise, and all issues resolve.

Much love to you and B., I hope you're both feeling better soon!

1:20 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Love the shuffle. My husband said to thank you for Blackmore's Night -- he heard them on my iPod and loved them

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1-4 on the shuffle's wonderful.

Glad you loved the package, and that it arrived at a much-needed time. I'm so glad I was slow getting the package mailed and was able to include the needles, which I initially forgot!

Measurements forcoming. My feet are puffy this morning.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shuffle is sadly GBS-deficient! :D

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home