http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Think of the Dots as Christmas Ornaments

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Think of the Dots as Christmas Ornaments

I'll come up with anything to rationalize a bulleted list, won't I?
  • I had high hopes of putting up my tree this weekend but I couldn't motivate myself to getting started. It's not the actual tree assembly/fight with the lights/unwrapping and carefully placing each ornament on the tree that's got me hesitating but is instead the prep work before that part, namely rearranging half of my livingroom to fit this tree. Lamps to move, houseplants that need an appropriate place to stay for three weeks, finding the right extension cords - bleh. That's the part I can't gear myself up for.
  • The lo-mein I ate for supper tonight? Particularly unsatisfying. In fact it's rather like I ate something that looked like Chinese noodles but was actually made of lead.
  • And while I was walking home from the Chinese restaurant with my cartons of lead lo-mein - well, I just wish you could have seen me. It's been raining for hours and the part of the sidewalks that are actually paved with smooth tile instead of concrete are slicker than owl grease. All I could think about was my wonky left knee buckling under me and losing my balance to the point where my feet slip out from under me and I'm sprawled on the ground and left unconscious when the lo-mein strikes me in the head. To avoid that I walked that part of the trip at approximately the same speed a snail after too many bong hits might propel himself.
  • If I don't get finished with these socks I'm going to cry. Of course it would help if I sat myself down and knit on them more than fifteen minutes a day. I'd consider it a victory if I could just get the leg of the second sock finished.
Maybe that's a sign for me to go knit. At the same time I can think about where I'm going to stash my big yucca palm so my Christmas tree can take its place.

8Comments:

Blogger sari said...

It's nice that needlework leaves you time to think.

Or, not. Whichever.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about you decorate the yucca instead of worrying about the tree? :)

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

* Regarding decorating for Christmas/putting up tree: I'm having the same problem, I guess it's par for the course when you have limited space.

* Regarding your walk back from the Chinese restaurant: I didn't know owls were greasy...:)

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bulleted lists are the sign of an organized mind. I like them. You should not apologize for this. It's a nice trait to have. If you doubt that, come over sometime and I'll show you my living room.

Those are some nice socks the Violet lady has on her site. Nice site, too. Bookmarked and thanks.

We're getting a real tree this year. I may regret this later, but I yearn for the smell of pine.

8:18 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hilda - "owl grease"...nice way of saying "owl poop". Can be used with geese as well. Example: "That fiber cereal went through me like grease through a goose!".

I know you didn't want that much information, did you? :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

I so feel your pain on the slick sidewalks. Also favorite of mine- cobblestone sidewalk with slippery autumn leaves. That's how I killed whatever cartilage was left in my right knee last week.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila has the right idea. Decorate the palm tree. C'mon, I decorated a fake ficus! If you need the smell of evergreen then buy a natural wreath and hang it on the inside of the door if you can't do a natural garland somewhere. KISS = Keep It Simple Sweetie!
Falalalala!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Now here's a thought I never thought before, until right this moment: Can one get good Chinese food in Germany?

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home