http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - First Advent Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Friday Shuffle - First Advent Edition

Well, first advent Sunday is not until this weekend but close enough.

I headed out shopping this morning and took with me a plastic box with which to carry my groceries in the car. Popped the hatchback and let it raise up and began to toss in my grocery carrying supplies when I banged my forehead on the corner of the hatchback. Hard. See stars and raise a goose egg hard. I take comfort in the fact that no one was around to see me crack my head and let out a string of bi-lingual curses.

I have to stop dragging ass during the week, especially now that it's the Christmas season, and do my grocery shopping on Tuesdays or Wednesdays because late Friday morning is a piss-poor time to do it. Unbearable amount of people were shopping and today it must have been Clueless-Men-Get-50%-Off Day because that's what I was surrounded by.

And if that wasn't enough torture, the very, very first Christmas song I've heard in a store this season (I don't count the Christmas Market) was Wham!'s Last Christmas. I can't figure out why this is not merely a popular Christmas song in Germany but the most popular. It's a song about a guy obsessing over a break up he had year ago. Get over yourself! Have an eggnog, toss around some tinsel and forget that bitch!

The afternoon saw me taking the not-right laptop back to the delivery service company so it can be returned. While I was out I decided to go to the vegetable seller at the street market for some potatoes and found the guys bagging up kohlrabi and cabbage and potatoes for old ladies and singing along to a very loud Johnny Cash CD. I wanted to kiss them for it. Somehow it made my bruised forehead, clueless grocery shopping men and the nerve grating ability of Wham! fade into the distance.

Bixente the iPod has been reloaded and is a full time Christmas music playing dude until after the holidays. And you can bet your bottom dollar George Michael's voice will not be heard.

Let's shuffle Santa Style.
  1. Emmanuel - Blackmore's Night
  2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas - Judy Garland
  3. If Every Day Was Like Christmas - Elvis Presley
  4. It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas - Perry Como
  5. It Must Have Been Old Stanta - Harry Connick, Jr.
  6. What Will Santa Claus Say (When He Finds Everybody Swingin')? - Louis Prima
  7. Poor Little Jesus - Percy Sledge
  8. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt
  9. O Christmas Tree - Mario Lanza
  10. Wonderful Dream (Holidays Are Coming) - Melanie Thornton
Y'all have a good weekend. I'll be dragging out the decorations.

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geroge Michael doesn't recover from break-ups with eggnog and tinsel. He recovers by masturbating in his car while stoned and propositioning police officers in public bathrooms.

Sorry about your forehead. I have a sympathy headache on your behalf because, damn, that had to hurt! But German veggies vendors singing Johnny Cash? Possibly the coolest thing ever.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

A little nugget of vegetable based humanity. Lovely when these moments find us when we need them.

And well done on the month of posting if I didn't say it already :-)

1:23 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Thank the good Lord, I'm not the only one who can't STAND that Wham song. Thank the good Lord.

Also, I think that Eartha Kitt sings THE only version of Santa Baby worth listening to.

Just my opinion.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

It's not just Germany, Dix.

Everytime I've gone into a store this holiday season, that song is playing.

I suppose, in a way, it's safe. No mention of religion or Santa or anything else to chap people. Pretty soon, it will be the only song that's PC to listen to this time of year. ;)

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Years and years ago I was at a park with my dog. We were just about to get back in the car and leave when I heard some other dogs barking and something out it alarmed me. I saw three HUGE German Shepards burst out of a line of bushy trees and come at us. They looked aggressive and scary. I whipped around to get myself and my dog back in the car and literally BOUNCED my forehead off the edge of the car door. Also saw stars, also had goose egg, but it was a straight line gooseegg, which is even goofier than the regular kind. I'm lucky I didn't knock myself out though, because we got back in the car and shut the door JUST in the nick of time. Those German Shepards practically attacked my car!!! I don't have anything against German Shepards (or any breed of dog), but those particular dogs were very nasty.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Ouch! Hopefully that's your only owie of the season, Dixie. This next week I'll get a taste of what you're seeing and hearing when in Hannover. I'll be waving to you!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

If the swelling doesn't go down, then just hang some tinsel from it and call it a day.

I knew you were already playing your Christmas jams. Me too :D

Hi B! *wave*

4:33 PM  
Blogger sari said...

May I add Elton John's "Step Into Christmas" to the No Play List?

Um, also Manheim Steamroller and Boney Whatever Boney's Last name is.

Not as bad as Wham, but close.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home