http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Here. Take It Because It's All I Got.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Here. Take It Because It's All I Got.

All I have to offer are the mental leftovers of my mind so take these crumbs and make your daily blogging meal out of them.
  • My sister called this evening as I was just sitting down to supper to tell me that my mother is settled into her final room at the assisted care center and is doing fine. So far her only complaint is that she's been a little bored by not having a telephone connection yet and that she doesn't get to choose her own food. That's the whole idea, Mama! They choose the food so that you don't make meals out of bell peppers and marshmallows!
  • Our friend, Kirsten, came over this afternoon for a visit. Kirsten was B's first girlfriend back when they were teenagers and they've remained friends over the many years. Few things are more entertaining to me than getting Kirsten to tell me old stories of the teenage B. He, however, doesn't find it quite as amusing as I do when the time Kirsten talked him into putting on mascara and lipstick is mentioned. She claims she was merely trying to see what he'd look like done up glam rock style.
  • I don't know what in the hell I've done but I don't have one pair of clean socks. Not a one. Clean underclothes, clean shirts, clean jeans, no clean socks. I think I'm on the verge of turning into one of those lazy bachelors who runs out of clean underwear and goes out to buy new instead of washing them.
  • And speaking of socks, here's the pair I'm currently knitting - the leg anyway:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Maybe if I knit really, really fast I can finish them to wear tomorrow. Else I'm headed up the street sans socks to buy some.

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, those are nice. I can't wait to knit a pair of socks I'll actually be able to wear. :)

12:49 AM  
Blogger The Lone Beader® said...

I just hate running out of socks!

And, just how long does it take to knit a pair of socks? I don't know a thing about knitting. LOL

Also, thanks for adding Rudy to your site. He looks right at home=:)

1:47 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

This is a fun pattern to knit - you'd probably like it, Kara. Once one has learned how to knit cables in the round, it's fairly straightforward.

It takes me about two weeks to knit a pair of socks - more or less time depending on how much time I devote to it and if I have any trouble with the pattern. I knit every day but I usually don't knit for more than maybe two hours in a day.

1:52 AM  
Blogger sari said...

Pretty socks! They look so soft!

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooo need to make some knee-high cabled socks. There's something about the texture that makes it say "comfy". Dunno.

I made one sock, 2 iPod covers and some strange...umm, I'm not sure what it is actually but I'm using it as a bookmark :\

SSS has set in and I have the cuff done for sock #2 but I set it aside and haven't picked it up again.

I'm a bad bad knitter :(

1:32 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Surely running out of socks is the universe's way of saying we need more Dixie knit footwear ;-)

8:59 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Well, those crumbs tasted pretty good. More than I have, anyway. My mental pantry is totally bare this week.

I got socks, it's just that none of them match. Found the last pair of matching ones today so tomorrow's a free for all.

10:01 PM  
Blogger Cristina said...

I don't run out of socks as I live in flip flop center of the universe- Miami- HA! I rarely wear socks; only with tennis shoes which I wear when I'm going to do something sporty which is NOT too often.
Knit on! Dixie!

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home