http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Hidden Talent

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Hidden Talent

I came in to the livingroom holding four tangerines.

"What would you give me if I suddenly began to juggle these four tangerines?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just what I said. If I suddenly began to juggle all four tangerines, what would you give me?"

"You mean juggle them for real and not just let them all drop to the ground?"

"Yeah! Real juggling. Real live go ahead and book me on the Ed Sullivan Show juggling."

The Ed Sullivan reference went unnoticed. It's hard when you grow up in vastly different environments and your pop culture references often do not connect with one another.

"I'd give you 100 euro."

"100 euro? That's it? That's all you'd offer me if I could suddenly juggle four tangerines at once?"

"You want more?"

"I thought sure you'd offer me diamond earrings or a mink coat or a new car! 100 euro? 100 euro is what you should give me if I suddenly did something just semi-ordinary. Juggling four of anything at once is a pretty daunting task. Hell, I have my doubts that I could toss up one tangerine and catch it before it falls to the floor. Spontaneous juggling four tangerines should get me a whole yarn shop worth of yarn!"

"No, for that you'd have to do something that borders on the impossible. It's within the realm of possibility that you could suddenly juggle four tangerines."

"Like what?"

"Have all the laundry hamper completely empty - everything washed, dried, folded and put away."

I stand a much better chance of suddenly juggling four tangerines. While peeling them.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

Bwahahahaha!

That's why everybody loves Burkhardt!

:)

5:23 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I would also stand a much better chance of juggling the tangerines -- I hate laundry!

6:27 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Me too, me too! Hmm, I wonder if B would pay me EUR 100 NOT to show him any pictures of my laundry room. If I could even get in there to take a picture, that is. It's a little crowded right now. :-)

10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home