http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: I'd Do It Again

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'd Do It Again

I believe it's true that the older one gets the faster the years go by. Forty years ago a year was a quarter of my life. Now a year seems to be over before I can even get used to writing the correct numbers.

Still this year was pretty good for me. By chance and coincidence I made a new friend. I was able to meet in person two lovely ladies I've gotten to know through their blogs. My sister and her family came to visit B and me for two weeks. I enjoyed the World Cup and would relive the joy and good feeling of those weeks forever if I could. I taught myself to knit socks and spent the following months buying an obscene amount of sock yarn. I even rode a big ferris wheel for you!

And throughout the year my friends and family have been wonderful to me and I am even more crazy in love with my husband than ever before.

If you've been reading here through 2006 then you'll know that not every day was perfect and there were plenty of days that it was downright dull around here but if that's the price I have to pay for the really good days then it's worth it.

I can only hope that 2007 will bring me as many happy days.

I wish for you and those you love a joyous new year filled with love, good health, contentment, success and peace.

Labels:

9Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

And you, Dixie, have made a difference. I'm so lucky I found you. Keep on knitting and keep on sharing.
Happy 2007!

4:33 AM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

Happy New Year, dear friend, keep blogging, and smooching that B!!!

Here's to a Happy 2007!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I so agree with the year flying more and more...

Happy new year to you too! to 2007!

5:40 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Happy New Year!!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I hope you and B have the happiest of new years!

See you in the blogsphere.

6:43 PM  
Blogger amy said...

Happy New Year to You!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger ashley said...

happy new year to you, too, dix. keep being AWESOME.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Here's hoping that peace and excitement find you in the right proportions and at the right times. Happy new year, indeed.

Plenty of memes over at my place, bytheway ;-)

10:13 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I feel so honored to be a part of yours and B's 2006 and am glad it was a year we spent lovely time together as bloggers and friends.

Thank God for the down days that only make the up days that much better. Kinda like the Ferris Wheel, right?! :)

Happy New Year to you and B. I'll be in Hannover by this time next week (7th-19th), so I'll wave to you! Any chance of a visit to Hannover from you? If so, let me/Christina know and we'll get the 3 of us together again!!!

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home