http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Cravings Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Cravings Edition

The waning days of winter and plunge into spring puts me in the mood to change direction and have something a little different.

Stuff I've got a hankering for these days:

~ A tomato sandwich. A juicy, sun ripened tomato, lots of mayonnaise, salt and pepper on fresh bread. A sandwich you have to eat while leaning over the sink because it's gonna be messy.

~ A good manicure. I live over a nail salon so I don't have much excuse for not going to get one.

~ A trip to an art museum. I love all museums but sometimes I need to go to an art museum. They tend to be quieter than other museums and people aren't rushing through the exhibits. I like to be able to just sit in front of a painting and think about it. Or think about anything else.

~ Going out to lunch with girlfriends. I like going out to lunch better than going out to dinner and going to lunch is best with girlfriends. Or my sister. It's not the food - it's the conversation. Conversation among girlfriends is just best while out to lunch.

~ Buying new summer clothes. I'd like to find a perfect cotton summer dress. And some crisp cotton camp shirts. I adore really lovely, starchy, perfectly ironed cotton clothes in the summer.

~ A trip somewhere by train. Trips somewhere always seem more exciting to me when I go by train. And I can knit instead of drive.

~ Seeing a concert. I haven't been to a concert in nearly two years. There's something so emotionally overwhelming about seeing music performed live. Seeing a concert or a musical performed live can make me burst into tears because I simply can't contain the feeling it gives.

Speaking of music, it's time for Bixente the iPod to shuffle for us.
  1. Cradle Of Love - Billy Idol
  2. Suffragette City - David Bowie
  3. And She Was - Talking Heads
  4. America - Simon & Garfunkel
  5. Naked As We Came - Iron & Wine
  6. Mustang Sally - Wilson Pickett
  7. What A Crying Shame - The Mavericks
  8. Hey There - Rosemary Clooney
  9. Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen
  10. Carolina In My Mind - James Taylor
Have a great weekend. Satisfy what you've been craving.

Labels:

7Comments:

Blogger Miss Kim said...

Ohhh Dixie... me too... me too!

Can I be your twin sister please?

8:10 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I can taste that tomato sandwich, I suppose made with Hellmann's.

I love the sounds and smells you get from having your windows open that otherwise are muted.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Donica would stand over that sink with you, Dixie, because she LOVES tomato sandwiches. I usually make them with avocado, just for her! :)

And would you want to take a train ride to Amsterdam some day??? Stay tuned.

3:54 PM  
Blogger The DP said...

I saw Hellmann's today in the grocery store in France and thought of you.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Oh Dixie, the tomato crop in South Florida has been phenomenal! We have tomatoes year round, but I think the "winter" tomatoes are better. Usually I go to Homestead, the agricultural area near Miami to get the tomatoes from farmers' markets, fruit and veggie stands, etc., but this year even the ones in the regular super market are good. I just got some today - I've had an ongoing batch of balsamic tomatoes in the fridge for the last month!

I'm not much of a sandwich person, but my absolute favorite is: whole wheat bread, Hellmann's mayo, really ripe tomatoes and turkey. YUMMY!

Oh and the strawberries this year are awesome as well. :)

4:10 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Hilda, you pretty well described the perfect sandwich. Well. Throw some bacon on it too because everything's better with bacon on it.

12:20 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

when I went to mississippi to buy our house I happened to notice a nail salon, a dollar general, and a liquor store ever 100 feet. I will have no excuses not to get my nails done. And I have not had a decent tomato in four years, I cannot wait! I will have a sandwich over the sink first thing and think of you, with tons of bacon.

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home