http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Why a Blue Cloud Now Hovers Over My Home

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Why a Blue Cloud Now Hovers Over My Home

There are things that give one such a horrible, bone crushing feeling of disappointment followed by extreme anger and frustration.

Everyone forgetting your birthday. Not getting the vacation days you requested. Having your heart set on a sale item and once you get to the store you see someone walk off with the last one. Not being able to get your favorite dress zipped up any more.

And then there's spending 2 1/2 hours of time carefully writing a blog entry, re-reading it, editing it, finding all the typos and then when you copy for safety's sake before hitting the "publish" button, hitting the wrong key and instead of copying the entry you suck it into a black hole and further screw things up by having the last saved copy be a link you, by accident, pasted in. Don't ask me how things like that happen.

Such things bring you a horrible, bone crushing feeling of disappointment followed by extreme anger and frustration followed by a string of obscenities so strong and flying from your lips as such speed they cause your yucca palm to whither.

It can be written again but not tonight. I just don't have it in me to write it again tonight. I'll simply try to write it again tomorrow.

And we shall never speak of this incident again. I think all that record breaking cussing caused me to injure something.

Labels:

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

See - you have to do it my way and only spend 2-1/2 minutes on a blog entry.

Oh no wait, that's why your blog is witty and clever and well written and mine isn't. Much.

(ha ha)

Sorry for your loss. Hopefully you'll get it back up again soon, I'm sure it will be a great one!

12:25 AM  
Blogger hexe said...

Sorry. I've done the same thing, but with two small children who repeat only the bad words I say, I have to curse in my head. It's not as satisfying.

1:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! I've done that before, too... except it was a long-term homework assignment that I had been working on for a month. That was not a happy moment.

>^..^<

2:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no. I've done that lots of times. NOw I keep my blog entries short and full of typos. Makes life easier. LOL.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

And it's not even Mercury Retrograde, Dixie! UGH. But I must say that the post you ended up with (this one) could hardly be improved upon!

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since we're never speaking of it again may I request some 'pegs of your Yucca Palm? Or rather, what's left of it? Or maybe a nice post about knitting. Knitting cures all ills, you know. :)

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

We've all been there, sweetie. I hope you muster up the strength to repost what you had planned on submitting. I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to what you had to say. :)

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home