http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Katydid Tag Me

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Katydid Tag Me

Some days it's hard to come up with a good title for a blog entry, especially if it's for a meme, but if I do say so myself this one's not too bad. I'm not normally the sort to rely on puns but there you go. Pun and a warning up front that this entry's a meme. Hardly gets better than that.

Katy did tag me and since she's a faithful longtime reader here at Chez Peach and a very lovely, friendly, sweet lady I could never refuse her. Here's one more opportunity for you to become an expert on all things Dixie.

1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago I was freshly back from visiting B in Germany for the first time and getting myself geared up to move there (or is it "here" if I'm now there?) so what did I do? I changed jobs. I was going to move in six months and I changed jobs anyway. It freaked B out a bit because he thought if I'd change jobs that it meant that I wouldn't move to Germany but in reality it meant that I had one of the world's shittiest jobs and I was desperate to get away from it.

2. What were you doing one year ago?
I was fully immersed in World Cup fever. I really do miss the excitement that was generated by Germany hosting the World Cup.

3. Five snacks you enjoy
1. Chips and salsa
2. Popcorn
3. Nachos
4. Salt and honey cashews
5. Cheese straws

4. Five songs that you know all the lyrics
Five songs in general is nothing. Let's shake it up a bit and list five Adam Ant songs that don't come from the Friend or Foe or Strip albums that I know all the lyrics.
1. Dog Eat Dog
2. Room At The Top
3. Don't Be Square (Be There)
4. Wonderful
5. Beautiful Dream

Brush me, Daddy-0!

5. Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Set up trusts for my niece and nephews.
2. Hire help for B.
3. Travel with B to Australia to visit his cousins.
4. Travel with B to the US to visit my family.
5. Adopt more pets.

6. Five bad habits:
1. Procrastination
2. Disorganization
3. Eating sweets
4. Not exercising enough
5. Lack of self-discipline - hence the other four

7. Five things you like doing:
1. Knitting
2. Reading
3. Watching old films
4. Having lunch with friends
5. Driving

8. Five things you would never wear again:
1. Spike heels
2. Leggings
3. Sweatshirts of any sort
4. Turtleneck shirts or sweaters
5. Overalls

9. Five favorite toys:
Adult toys or toys from my childhood? Let's do childhood toys because I am not all that much of a gadget person and probably couldn't list five.

1. Liddle Kiddles dolls
2. Bicycle
3. Tinker Toys
4. Easy Bake Oven
5. Hippity Hop Ball

Won't tag anyone but feel free to steal. Double points if you work in a pun in your title.

Labels:

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Look how many things we had the same! Neat.

And I am deeply impressed that you know the words to so many Adam Ant songs. I know the words to the obvious Adam Ant songs, but that's as far as I go.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I always love what other people write for these memes but never get around to doing them myself. In truth, I think it's because I think whatever I'd ever say would be totally b-o-r-i-n-g, compared to everybody else!!

Go figure, right, Dixie?!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I notice on the, if you had a million dollars, question all the things are for other people. If you had a million dollars is there anything you would get just for you? Maybe a room full of well organized yarn? The only songs I know all the words to are children's songs, I feel like I missed out on some great big life thing that everyone else gets but me.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Ooops - I forgot to let you know I posted the meme on my Blog! Thanks!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh I'd definitely buy yarn if I were a millionaire. No doubt about that!

And I'd buy a ton of books too.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home