http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: You've Been Let Off The Hook Long Enough

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

You've Been Let Off The Hook Long Enough

It's Tuesday and it's time for knitting talk and that's that. Don't be giving me that look. I haven't beat you over the head with knitting stuff in weeks. And this time I've actually started a new project. With pictures! And there's a meme at the end too! I'm trying to make this as painless as possible.

First - new sock project. I'm still raving over Sensational Knitted Socks and don't know how I lived before I had my own copy. I have eight skeins of this same yarn (boring long story as to why I have eight skeins of the same sock yarn - don't ask) and so for this pair of socks I wanted a fun stitch to liven up this solid color yarn but wanted something a bit brainless to knit since lately I'm having to fit in knitting time when I'm watching TV - no time to knit otherwise. For once I'm knitting a pair of socks for myself and doing them in the Woven Stitch - so easy it should be outlawed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I'm a little farther now - about halfway into the heel flap. Here's a closer shot of the stitch.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


This blue/gray yarn will make these perfect socks to wear with jeans.

Now for the meme. Shamelessly stolen from Rachel - fabulous knitter and hand painter of yarns. I hold those who hand paint their own yarn in the same reverence I save for brain surgeons, those who scale the heights of Mt. Everest and anyone who makes a perfect red velvet cake.

If you've done it, write it in bold. If you plan to do it one day, use italics. If you have no plans to do it, write it normally. Any comments from me are in parenthesis.

Afghan
I-cord (I can do it but only in practice. I've never made anything that's needed i-cord.)
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire (I wouldn't count it out but I can't envision an metal wire project for me.)
Shawl
Sockinette stitch
Socks - top down
Socks - toe up (I keep swearing I'm going to make my next pair toe up.)
Knitting with camel yarn
Mittens - cuff up (Don't like to wear them so I won't be knitting them.)
Mittens - tip down
Hat (A good way to insure I finally have a hat to fit my huge melon of a head.)
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting (I'm going to have to know what that is first.)
Participating in a knit-a-long (But I didn't get much out of the experience.)
Sweater (If for no other reason than to say I've done it.)
Drop stitch patterns (Never finished it though)
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting/modular knitting (Don't know what this is either)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting (Oh hell no.)
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/doll clothing (Something for Lottie, the sock monkey would be good.)
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn (I can't ever see myself becoming a spinner.)
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting (But I can't purl continental)
Designing knitted garments (I think almost every knitter dreams of designing at least one thing)
Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns
Publishing a knitting book
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dyeing with plant colors
Household items - dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies, etc.
Knitting socks or other small tubular items on two circular needles
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else's handspun yarn
Knitting with double pointed needles
Holiday related knitting
Teaching a male how to knit
Bobbles
Knitting for a living (I couldn't stand the pressure to knit without errors.)
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dyeing yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks or other small tubular items on two circular needles simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener stitch (I looooove Kitchener stitch)
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads

Swatching
Long tail cast on

Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self patterning, self striping, variegating yarn
Stuffed toys
Knitting with cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular knitting

Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mitts/armwarmers

Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
Rug
Knitting on a loom
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho
Knitting with dog or cat hair
Knitting items for a wedding
Hair accessories
Knitting in public

If you knit and want to swipe this for yourself, feel free. If you don't knit and want to swipe this, that might be even more interesting.

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Kara said...

Ah, the woven rib pattern. :) I used that for my first pair of socks and loved how simple it was, yet just enough detail to give my socks a nubby look (they were highly variegated, so you can't really see the pattern so much).

I love the Sensational Socks books - I'm working two pair out of the second book right now myself. :)

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home