http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Thursday Haiku

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thursday Haiku

Maybe if I entice her with some I can get Sari to haiku too.

Stop that piano
Neighbor's playing three hours
Out of tune torture.

No knitting today
And not yesterday either
I'm way off schedule.

Postman rings doorbell
My birthday presents are here!
Open them next week.

Need a manicure
Could use a pedicure too
Now where's that nail file?

Got Gerd's 'puter fixed
Can go online wireless
Now leave me alone!

Mardi Gras comes soon
Want to bake me a King Cake
All green, gold, purple.

Tomorrow's Friday
You know that brings the Shuffle
Bixente's ready.

Labels:

5Comments:

Blogger sari said...

oh I haven't haikued in an eon, I'll have to try some! maybe tomorrow.

1:26 AM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Okay, please explain haiku to me.

5:41 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

It's a style of poetry with three lines; the first line has 5 syllables, the second line has 7 syllables and the third line again has 5 syllables.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

It's a lovely haiku. Best line? Out of tune torture.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Toni Lea Andrews said...

I like the one about the Mardi Gras cake.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home