http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Penciled In Each Week Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Penciled In Each Week Edition

I did my weekly scheduling all wrong. Tomorrow I want to go to a cafe and knit for a while and maybe just read. Drink lots of tea and look at and wonder about all the people who pass in and out. That's what I want my Saturday to shape up to.

Instead I need to vacuum and mop my creepy, filthy floors, give my husband a haircut and make potato salad. And go buy milk. Along with getting my weekly schedule all wrong I also miscalculated and bought only one liter of milk yesterday when I really needed about three. Oh! And I need to buy another clothes drying rack because I'm about to get serious with getting caught up on the laundry.

Which I guess would eventually free me up to sit in cafes and knit.

Since we're sticking to a schedule - time to shuffle.
  1. Memories Are Made Of This - Dean Martin
  2. Waitress - Live
  3. Good Times Bad Times - Led Zeppelin
  4. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
  5. Stop Stop Stop - The Hollies
  6. Devil's Arcade - Bruce Springsteen
  7. Killer Queen - Queen
  8. Supernatural Superserious - REM
  9. Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us - Robert Plant/Alison Krauss
  10. Henrietta - The Fratellis

Labels:

9Comments:

Blogger Mahala said...

#7 is one of my all time favorites. It always reminds me of the skating rink, although I'm not entirely sure it ever played there lol.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Every time I hear Killer Queen it reminds me of when I was about 13 years old. If I ran home right after swim team practice and turned on the radio as soon as I got in it would be playing because at 11:20 every morning the radio station I listened to would play it. Talk about being on a tight rotation schedule!

12:30 AM  
Blogger G in Berlin said...

I would go mad without a dryer. Even with one,it can take 4 hours to do two loads of laundry.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

I'm assuming you have plenty of Hellman's for that potato salad.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

g - I'm inclined to agree with you but ever since my dryer broke six years ago I've gotten used to it. I didn't want another combo machine like I had and I don't have room for a separate dryer. Luckily I don't have all that many clothes to wash - it only gets bad because I put off washing them.

Molly - It was a totally Hellmann's free potato salad. I can make potato salad with Knorr mayo, although I don't like it as well, but I'm currently out of Hellmann's and our local market that sells American foods stopped carrying Hellmann's. Bastards.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Songs 1, 4 and 7 - love them all even though they couldn't be more different.

Whattaya mean they don't sell Hellmann's - OHMYGOD!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Schnitzel_Republic said...

I've lived for almost fifteen years in Germany...with a dryer that I've probably only used about 100 times. This double-rack 24-hour wet to dry system is nifty, cheap, and practical. As for Supernatural Superserious from REM...after I saw REM on Wetten Dass last weekend...live...I was addicted to them once again.

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Oh! And I need to buy another clothes drying rack because I'm about to get serious with getting caught up on the laundry."

Oh SNAP! So all I need is a drying rack to get serious about my laundry. Hell, where's my purse, I'm hoofin' it to Walmart. I don't know if that will work for me, but I'll give it a try!!

I pulled something out of there today that I forgot I had.

3:55 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

You know, a liter of milk lasts about half a minute in our house. We buy eight at a time. Liters! They're not like good old gallons, now are they?

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home