http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Ooo-ing and Ahhh-ing Optional

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Ooo-ing and Ahhh-ing Optional

Finished these bad boys last night.

Photobucket


They're for my sister in celebration of her getting her master's degree in nursing. She's been an RN for 31 years and she's finally gotten the time to get her master's degree. And I'm very proud of her.

For you yarn types - the details:

Pattern: No-purl Monkey
Yarn: Overpriced and so not worth it Koigu Painters Palette Premium Merino. Colorway: P812. Number of knots in two skeins: seven. Good thing it splices well or someone in Canada would be taking an ass whipping*.

Now then! Shall we take bets on how long it'll be before I mail them to Sister?

*This statement is in no way a reflection on my warm and kind feelings towards Canadians. I like Canada. I like Canadians. I have lovely, close friends in Canada. However, this annoyingly-full-of-knots yarn was produced in Canada and that means someone in Canada (but not necessarily a Canadian!) is responsible, hence my declaration that someone in Canada, specifically Ontario, is deserving of an ass whipping. But let me say it now! I love Canada!

Photobucket

Labels: ,

6Comments:

Blogger Rositta said...

I have made a pair of those and they are gorgeous. I do find the don't stay up though. I had some wonderful yarn called Seawool with seaweed in it. I had a few splits and emailed the company. They wasted no time in replacing the yarn. Maybe you ought to have tried that? Although now that their done, too late but for next time...cial
http://rositta-sheknitstoo.blogspot.com/2008/02/good-customer-service-still-exists.html

1:14 AM  
Blogger G in Berlin said...

This is a bit off topic, but can you tell me how to line through words as you did in "overpriced and so..."?
I think I am the only blogger in the world not to know...

1:19 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Rositta, you're probably right that Koigu would have replaced the yarn but I was afraid that I'd have to mail the defective stuff back to them and I wasn't unraveling two pairs of socks for them and paying to ship them from Germany to Canada. The industry standard for breaks in a skein of yarn is generally three per skein and by the time I'd found three I was well into both socks since I knit both at the same time. It was just easier for me to splice it and move along. And grumble about it. Heh!

You know I have no idea if Monkeys are hard to keep up on one's legs since I never knit socks for myself and never try them on myself.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oh G, it's easy. It's just strike /strike. But you know put them in the <> things. I'd show you but Blogger doesn't allow that tag within its comments.

1:21 AM  
Blogger sari said...

They look great!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are beautiful..........

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home