Friday Shuffle - Fluffy Easter Dots Edition
Think of the dots on this list as being just like little Easter eggs. You know except for the fact that they're not egg shaped, brightly colored, edible, nor are they hidden.
- I shall be the fifty jillionth person in Germany whose blog will mention this Easter weekend's weather. It blows. Literally. It's windy, cold, alternately pukes snow and rain and often mixes the two and then two minutes later there is blinding sunshine. We have the Sybil of weather this weekend.
- Of course crappy weather outside gives me an excuse to stay inside and watch movies. What Easter/Passover weekend would be complete without a viewing of The Ten Commandments and Ben-Hur? It's no wonder that I grew up thinking that Charlton Heston was somehow holy.
- Many of you may be pleased to hear that I no longer consider Charlton Heston and Moses to be one and the same. I am also no longer impressed with the animated burning bush in the film. Couldn't they...I dunno...actually burn a real bush? No one had a Zippo on them that day on the set?
- This evening I've been watching Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain and remembering how much I loved this movie if for no other reason than the fact that I nearly squealed out loud the first time I heard it mentioned in the film that Amélie loves to crack the sugar topping on crème brulée and dig her arms into barrels of dried peas and I love the same thing. I like it when a film confirms that my quirks may be quirky but they're also somehow endearing.
- You Just May Be The One - The Monkees
- It's Won't Be Long - The Beatles
- Secrets - The Zutons
- Lyla - Oasis
- Beautiful Lies - Michael Stanley Band
- What A Crying Shame - The Mavericks
- You'll Be Coming Down - Bruce Springsteen
- Rich Woman - Robert Plant/Allison Krauss
- Bad Day - REM
- Fill My Little World - The Feeling