http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Intensity

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Intensity

About ten minutes ago I went to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water. The light switch for the kitchen is actually outside the kitchen door so I was still in the hallway as I turned on the light. Suddenly there was a crazy bright flash, a very loud pop and I'll admit that I squealed. Rather loudly.

Okay, it was a full out scream. A scream so loud that it startled the hell out of B and out of the corner of my eye I could see his right arm flail around uncontrollably from the shock of it all. And I nearly wet my pants. I dashed into the bathroom to make sure that I actually hadn't and as I was banging repeatedly on the light switch for the bathroom with no results I realized that there was no power on that side of our flat.

Turns out one of the high intensity bulbs in the overhead kitchen light burned out as I switched on the light and it tripped the breaker for all the lights on the west side of the flat. The breaker was reset and the lights came on. No actually pants wetting took place.

What would qualify this as a favorite? I just thought I'd give you your favorite goofy mental image for the day.

Labels: ,

2Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was written so well that when you described your fright, I felt it and gasped!!!!

I love that you ran to the bathroom- HAHHAHA!!

Now stop scaring B.

D Mollie

ps- your Obama pin came in! Will mail it Monday on my Flex! YAY for you!

2:44 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I don't know.....The bathtub is still my all-time favorite mental image!

Of course this one is a close second now.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home