http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Time For My Annual Addiction

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Time For My Annual Addiction

Christmas Tiles.

B found these online about eight years ago and got me hooked ono them. When it gets to be Thanksgiving time in the US, I start playing Christmas Tiles.

Back when B first found this game he didn't wear glasses but he needed to. He couldn't really see the tiles clearly so he made up his own names for the pictures on the tiles. The mittens became the upside down heart. The blue gift became the blue diamond. The snowman became the light bulb. The string of lights became the chunky necklace. The elf wasn't just an elf but became instead the evil elf. The sled was renamed the ladder and the ice skate became a semi-automatic pistol. Because, presumably, nothing says "Merry Christmas!" quite like a semi-automatic pistol. My favorite picture interpretation? The fireplace with the stockings hanging became the wrinkly faced old woman looking out of a window. You have to love that sort of imagination.

I predict two things if you play Christmas Tiles. You'll become addicted to the game and will call me the devil for getting you turned on to it. And you'll adopt B's names for the tiles.

Labels: , ,

4Comments:

Blogger TitanKT said...

OMG, I just had a giant laughter-gasm over the ice skate as a semi-automatic pistol.

Let's bring on the holiday cheer with a little target practice, shall we?

5:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this last night and started playing when my intention was to do homework.

But hey, new game to kill time with. :)

4:52 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Thanks Dixie, I had this game on my old computer but lost the link. Good time waster for me...ciao

3:20 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Ah yes, B and his creative interpretation of Christmas Tiles!

I totally agree the elf is evil!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home