http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Well Earned Bliss Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Well Earned Bliss Edition

Here's one of my favorite feelings in the world. It starts with a day where I work myself into a stupor. You know those days - the ones where you spend the whole day moving or cleaning out your garage or working in the garden. Maybe you do all your spring or fall cleaning in one day or you detail your car. It can be a day where you take the entire day to put up your complex collection of holiday decorations. Or it's a day where you paint your living room and two bedrooms.

I've had one of those days. Fridays are usually busy for me but today was crazier with catching up on laundry and doing some neglected housework like cleaning the oven and getting the high traffic areas of the carpet cleaned up along with the regular stuff. And of course B always needs care and attention. I'm finished for the day and now I can look forward to that lovely feeling.

It's the feeling you have when you're finally able to get ready for bed. Face washing and tooth brushing is finished, jammies are on and bed is there just waiting for you to crawl in. You're so exhausted that your eye has a twitch and your legs are achy and jumpy. You slide between the sheets and almost at the moment you settle your head on the pillow you fall asleep. Peaceful, dreamless sleep where nothing disturbs you all night and morning finds you in bed in the same position as when you fell asleep. That's the feeling I'm looking forward to experiencing tonight.

Just one thing left to do. Time to shuffle.
  1. Only The Lonely - Roy Orbison
  2. Lovin' You - Jazzamor
  3. Like Dylan In The Movies - Belle & Sebastian
  4. Tempted - Squeeze
  5. My Oh My - Slade
  6. This Old Heart Of Mine - Rod Stewart
  7. She's A Beauty - The Tubes
  8. This Is Your Life - The Killers
  9. Seven Spanish Angels - Willie Nelson & Ray Charles
  10. Serpentine Fire - Earth, Wind & Fire
Sleep tight, y'all.

Labels: , ,

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a special day- it is a day when I recognize everything in your shuffle!

AND, I am wearing my pink and black Gutsocks today and everyone ooh'd and add'd over them. My boss Sally said there was no way someone made them. Yep, my favorite knitting guru did. Find your own Rupelstilskin.

Love ya! Sweet dreams!

Mollie

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home