http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: ...and yet no money

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

...and yet no money

Things found while packing -

  • Coach change purse purchased 23 years ago. Still looks fabulous.
  • Two cotton surgical masks. Worth gold if avian flu breaks out.
  • Three coloring books - all of them mine.
  • Copy of Sugar Busters. No comment.
  • Various postcards.
  • Horribly tacky ghost with jack o' lantern motif tealight holders.
  • Various cables for connecting who knows what with who knows what.
  • Printed e-cards from some nutball woman who used to (and to some degree still does) stalk B online.
  • Handheld Yatzee game.
  • Leftover Christmas tealights that I never used again after one of them went berserk and started a rather disconcerting fire in a brass tealight holder.
  • Over 5DM in coins no longer in use since changing to the Euro.
Hmmm. Reckon I did technically find some money.

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i unpacked my apartment the other day, i felt like i had just struck gold. all of this stuff! mine! amazing! i never need to go shopping again. i just need to keep things in a box for 2 months and then unpack it.

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how i wish i was there, i would love to see all your stuff.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

We move all the time. Husband in the military and all. I love/hate going through everything. Seeing all the stuff I felt it necessary to keep and all the memories. Moving sure does cure the pack rat in me. I wonder if the bank will still convert your DM to Euro?

12:14 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You have to go to the state treasury to convert Deutsche Mark to Euro now.

Lisa, I wish you were here too. You could look at all my stuff and then help me haul the trashbags downstairs. That's the worst part.

I am be brutal with this paring down stuff. If I don't really need it, it's got to go.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I found ten dollars in my shirt pocket the other day...

makes me so thrilled when that happens

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home