http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Pulled from the forgotten corners

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Pulled from the forgotten corners

As I am trying to forget my frustrations regarding moving and am trying to live by my new mantra, "It's only stuff! It's only stuff!", we'll dedicate this entry to the small, moth eaten and web covered thoughts that seem to collect in the corners like back issues of McCall's Magazine.

But numbered because the uptight part of my personality simply demands it.

1. Snacky Cracky. That's the store brand name of the potato flour crackers (baked, not fried!) I bought today. Nevermind that they're a tasty pesto flavor. Nevermind that the crackers are shaped like landmarks of various western European capitals - the Little Mermaid representing Copenhagen being my favorite. The name Snacky Cracky alone was enough to make me buy it. However the names of the store brands of cereal - Master Crumble and Choc Blop - are not tempting me, although Choc Blop rather amuses me in that sort of juvenile humor sort of way.

2. I got a flu shot today and not only do I feel all protected but am proud of myself for not hyperventilating myself into a dead faint when she pulled out the injections from her bag.

3. While on the topic of heath, my doctor proclaimed my blood tests from last month to be "excellent" and she said to just keep doing what I'm doing. I wonder if she knows that sometimes what I'm doing is digging into a jar of peanut butter with a KitKat Chunky. I should probably ask her for specific numbers and even exactly what tests she's doing (the only one I know for sure is a Hac1 test for my diabetes) but I like to stay in a bit of denial and not get wound up with things like numbers unless she does.

4. I should have "Ignorance is bliss" tattooed on myself. Maybe after the moving thing is done I'll make it my new mantra.

5. I have a feeling that when I move I'm going to find tubes of lipstick crammed into the strangest places.

6. I hope I find my blue topaz earrings too.

7. I like how shower gels have scents to put you in a certain mood - to revitalize you or calm you down. What if you want to stay in your pissy mood? How about shower gels with scent names like "Why Hasn't He Called?" or "Child Support's Late Again!" or "Can't I Take a Shower Without You Wanting Something From Me?".

8. I wish my friend in New York, Jen, could get the job she's been interviewing for. I pray daily for it. She works in the world's shittiest, most confusing, most poorly managed firm one could imagine and she doesn't deserve it. Please God, let the Girl from the Boogie Down get this new gig!

9. I had the most fabulous nap late this afternoon. One of those massive naps where you wake up during it but you're so out of it you can't even figure out how to get your eyes open and you feel paralyzed and so you just go back to sleep for another hour.

10. Thank God for my husband. He's been handling my freak-outs and kitchen obsessions like a champ. Y'all have too. Thanks.

5Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BWAHAHAH!!!

Snacky Cracky... addictive snacking the like of which the world has never seen. Gives new meaning to the phrase, "No one can eat just one." Not without methadone anyway!

Pissy mood shower gel... I like it! How about "Tired and cranky" scented.

I subscribe to that whole ignorance is bliss thing. I'm actually kind of embarrassed about that.

And finally, I had the SAME nap today. Actually, I've felt like that all day. Everytime I'm sleeping it's like being on drugs or something. If I wake up at all I feel almost dizzy and lethargic... as you said, like I'm paralyzed or something. I've had to wake up now, though... gotta go to dinner tonight.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Hee. How could you not love snacks like that? And capitals too. How cultured those Yoo-ropeens are ;)

Really - this is going to be stressful for you. Sleep and nap and vent as much as you need to. And kitkats in peanut butter are ideal stress-relievers too.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

My friend's a lawyer and this job she wants is something that's...uh...over my head and I don't quite understand but if she wants it, I'm praying she gets it.

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like some of that "Why Hasn't He Called Shower Gel".

Snacky Cracky!! I love it!! Sounds like something in a sitcom!

You needed that nap- good for you!

Mollie

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, stuff that lipstick where ever you can stuff it, just don't throw it away. i might need it. :)

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home