http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: See for yourself

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

See for yourself

I'd forgotten that I had these photos on my computer - the ones of my great-grandparents. Now you can see what I was talking about.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My grandfather's family. I think of one of my brothers whenever I see my great-grandfather.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Pappy. I never have figured out what he was doing with that tie.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Litha Ann. Yikes. The waist of her dress looks tight.

4Comments:

Blogger Shark-Fu said...

Oooh...that waste does look tight!

Amazing pictures!

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture of your Pappy. I love the tie. It's almost as though he showed up for the portrait without a tie and the photographer said, "You can't sit for a portrait without a tie." And then pulled a little wadded up tie out of a box of ties. And then your Pappy was all, "I don't know how to tie this." And the photographer said, "Just put it around your neck." And he did and and just sort of crossed it over and now, how many years later we're sitting here looking at him in that tie. Heh.

I have a bunch of family pictures like that, too. They do all look very serious, huh? Sitting for photographic portraits used to be serious business I think.

11:16 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh, these are so lovely. How wonderful that you still have them.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

I love old pictures liket hat :)

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home