http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: How Can I Say No? She Dresses My Sock Monkey!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

How Can I Say No? She Dresses My Sock Monkey!

Sari has tagged me for a meme. I know. Meme. A filthy word meaning "We're one step away from Blogthings quizzes.". Still this meme has two redeeming factors. First, it's a musical meme and second I can't resist a tagging from a woman who has supplied most of my sock monkey's wardrobe.

And there's a third redeeming factor. I didn't have anything to write about today anyway. It puked rain all day and I knitted. You can't really expand upon that.

List seven songs you are into right now, regardless of what they are. The important thing is that they're songs you're presently enjoying. The tag seven others to find out what they're listening to.
  1. Lukey - Great Big Sea Now that's a song that makes me want to jack myself up in a pub and enjoy a pint or two.
  2. You're So Vain - Carly Simon From the first rumblings of the bass to the first piano chords she pounds out to the soaring violins at the end, it's a great song. And B used the think the lyrics were "I had some dreams, they were clowns in my pocket, clowns in my pocket...".
  3. Take A Bow - Madonna Sari, you and Hilda pick your jaws up off the floor. This song is one of the two Madonna songs I like - the other being La Isla Bonita. After declaring last week that I am no fan of Madonna I went back and listened to this song again and rediscovered why I like it.
  4. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen I heard this song the other day on the radio while I was driving and it instantly put me in a great mood - it brings back good memories. And it reminds me of one of the wittiest moments on The Sopranos - when Tony quizzes Christopher as to why he's late getting to a meeting and without missing a beat Christopher replies " The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.".
  5. Keep The Car Running - Arcade Fire Makes me shake my booty in time with it while I'm chopping vegetables for supper.
  6. I Believe In A Thing Called Love - The Darkness This came up on my shuffle two weeks ago and I've been playing it a lot every since. I flail my head around to it while knitting wrapped stitch short row heels. If the heels end up wonky, you'll know why.
  7. On The Wings Of A Nightingale - Everly Brothers Sweet, jangly guitars and soaring, impossibly tight harmonies. I love a lot of Everly Brothers but this is one of my favorites of theirs.
Okay, I'm going to wimp out and not tag seven people. Hey! Seven people reading this! Bail me out here and do this meme!

Labels: ,

4Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I love that Bruce Springsteen story - it's always good when you can use a great line like that.

A lot of times, it goes by unnoticed, but that's ok.

Thanks for meme-ing. :-)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Anything for you, Sari. Ask it of me and I'll do it! :)

1:15 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Oh, oh, Sari! Ask Dixie to download some Madonna and Jimmy Buffett onto Bixente...that way she can learn to appreciate their fabulousness!

;)

3:22 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

You're gettin' a little sassy there, Hilda! Heh! :)

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home