http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Rockin' Girl Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Rockin' Girl Edition

It's a fine blend of ennui and malaise 'round here these past couple days. My personal volcano, Mt. Gross Neck Funk has gone by the wayside and now that I'm not in constant pain and restricted from free movement of my head and neck I can indulge in more satisfying pursuits such as reading Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and knitting Darling Mollie's sock (I'm down to the foot so that means progress will slow. way. down.) with the occasional nap thrown in. Today's nap featured once again my ex-husband. I hate dreaming about him. Makes me wake up feeling irksome. However I would imagine that today's dream was inspired by my going down the paper product aisle at the grocery store and running into a man that looked freakishly like my ex. Enough to make me inwardly gasp. The man was standing in front of a large display of Charmin, which I found to be fitting as my ex-husband was generally full of shit.

And then as if she knew I could use a lift to my day and a wee bit o' something to write about, Sari, dear friend and bestower of my very first sock monkey, tagged me for an award. She thinks I'm a Rockin' Girl Blogger (and at my age I'll take being called a "girl" as much as possible) and has awarded me as such. Touch me!

Since this is an award that you pass on to others, there's a couple rules - grab and save to your own photo host the button you'll find right there on my sidebar and post it on your own blog and then tag five more women you find to be some totally rockin' chicks and give them the award they so richly deserve.

I am lucky enough to know a lot of very rockin' girls so I'll pick five at random, else I'd be tagging all day and I don't want to hog up all the rockin' girls.
  1. Lisa at Raison D'etre: Always wanting to learn. Always wanting to improve herself. And she's not too good to admit when she doesn't understand something. That's what I dig about Lisa.
  2. Poppy at Poppymom.com: I loves my Popstar. My rock 'n roll queen. My knitting pal. My blog inspiration. Gonna see you in four months!
  3. Carol at Northwest Ladybug: Smart. Gorgeous. Fabulous kids. And a sense of adventure. If I'd ever been lucky enough to be a mom I hope I would have done it like her. She's fab.
  4. Christiana at Mausi: One of my first expatriate blog pals. Another super mom and she's wonderful, creative cook. I know that first hand - yum! I love how gracious and friendly she is.
  5. Katya at Observations of a Librarian: I simply adore her. If I want an opinion on music or books, I go to three people - Katya, Sari or Poppy. And she loves the soundtrack to O Lucky Man! like I do.
Thanks for the award, Sari. You definitely were the bright spot in my day! You're always a bright spot to me!

Bixente the iPod, while being quiet the little rocker, would be most insulted at being called a Rockin' Girl. He's all man, Clyde. Shuffle for me, Big Guy.
  1. Hush - Deep Purple
  2. Don't Close Your Eyes - Keith Whitley
  3. Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
  4. Fluorescent Adolescent - Arctic Monkeys
  5. Dance The Night Away - The Mavericks (Mmmm...the deliciously hot Raul Malo)
  6. Watching The Detectives - Elvis Costello
  7. Ballroom Blitz - Sweet
  8. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
  9. Misty Mountain Hop - Led Zeppelin
  10. Good Lovin' - The Rascals
Rock on your weekend the mostest.

Labels: ,

6Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Dixie, you absolutely made my day!! I'm so thrilled to be honored on your blog (but I think you confused me with my smart, gorgeous daughters!). You're among my favorites too and I always look forward to reading about what you're up to.

We must meet when I'm there in September! How far are you from Frankfurt...?

Carol

12:55 AM  
Blogger sari said...

You're always a bright spot to me, Dixie!

I love your shuffle today - all good stuff! It's a great rockin' music day.

1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks! Now I'm feeling all cool. While I'm at that, right back at ya babe. Yours is one of the top five blogs I must have daily or suffer withdrawal. I always go away from here with a smile. :)

*wanders off to strut and nominate some people*

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely rock Dixie! I found your blog about a month and am so hooked that I link to you. Love this week's playlist and am off to listen to some Lenny myself.

7:00 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I thank you all for the lovely compliments! Y'all are the reason I keep blogging.

Carol I'm pretty far from Frankfurt. The city I live in it between Hannover and Berlin.

11:48 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Awww, thank you, you're such a sweetheart. I haven't been ignoring this and will do it some time soon. It's just all the malaise and ennui getting in the way. You know how it is. ;-)

10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home