http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Just 'cause I'm a stinking thief...

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Just 'cause I'm a stinking thief...

...and because I needed something to post today, here's a bit I nipped from Zoe's blog. Check out her blog too. She's a lovely, sweet lady.

LAYER ONE: Just the facts

Real name: Kimberley. I know y'all thought it was Dixie.
Birth date: January 19, 1962
Birthplace: Groton, Connecticut. I'm not ashamed to say I was born in Yankeeland. Couldn't be helped. Daddy was stationed there in the Navy and we lived there less than a year after I was born.
Current Location: Magdeburg, Germany
Eye Color: an alluring smokey blue
Hair Color: If you could dig through my lovely copper red locks created by my hairdresser every six weeks and locate my original color at the roots you'd see it's a medium brown with a fair amount of gray.
Righty or Lefty: Righty
Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

LAYER TWO: On The Inside

Your heritage: Southerner. Southerners just say they're Southerners but if you want that "where did your ancestors come from" thing then I'll say I'm Scotch and Welsh with a measure of English and a dab of Irish.
Shoes you wore today: Indoors: Birkenstock Arizona in navy blue. Outdoors: Birkenstock Boston in cocoa brown.
Your weakness: Sweets
Your fears: Dying before my husband, fire, falling
Your perfect pizza: Hand tossed crust, pepperoni, Italian sausage, extra cheese

LAYER THREE: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

Your most overused phrase: Bottom line is...
Your thoughts first waking up: What day is it?
Your best physical feature: My eyes and my fingernails. My fingernails are virtually indestructable.
Your bedtime: Usually between 4 and 4:30am.
Your most missed memory: Moving back the furniture and dancing in the livingroom with my friends.

LAYER FOUR: Your Pick

Iced Tea or Soft Drink: Iced tea. Good grief, I'm from Mississippi, aren't I?
Soup or Salad: Usually a salad but if there's a lovely broccoli cheese soup on the menu...
Single or group dates: Single
Slip-ons or Lace-ups: My Birkenstock clad feet vote for slip-ons
Fruity or Herbal: Fruity
Jell-O or pudding: Pudding
Coffee or Hot Chocolate: Hot Chocolate

LAYER FIVE: Do You?

Smoke: Not anymore
Cuss: Shit, yeah!
Sing: Yep. Lots.
Take a shower every day: There are some days I miss but for the most part, yes.
Still talk to your first love: No
Like your job: Wouldn't change it for the world
Like(d) high school: I'd say it would be 50-50.
Get motion sickness: Very rarely. Usually only when driving in the mountains.
Think you're attractive: I don't think I'm so bad looking.
Think you're obsessive-compulsive about anything: Oh jeez, no. I'm too lazy to be obsessive-compulsive. It would cut into my reading/knitting/napping time.
Get along with your parents: Yes
Like thunderstorms: Very much
Play an instrument: drums

LAYER SIX: In the past month have you...

Spent more than $100 on a single item that wasn't an obligatory thing (bills, etc): Yes. I just bought a new kitchen.
Had a verbal argument where you screamed at someone: Not screamed. Raised my voice but it wasn't screaming.
Purchased Cottage Cheese: Dear Lord, no!
Surprised someone for a special event: no
Purchased a new CD: no
Gone to the mall: As a matter of fact I was there today.
Purchased an MP3: Purchased? No, I didn't purchase one. Okay, okay...I didn't rip one off either.
Sent your resume out for a new job: Don't make me laugh!
Been on stage: no
Moved: no
Had lunch with a group of ten or more: nope
Changed your hairstyle: My hairstyle changed about 6 weeks ago so the answer would be no.
Taken a vacation: This chick doesn't get vacations

LAYER SEVEN: Ever...

Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes but don't tell my mother
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes. It's what I majored in in college.
Been caught in a lie: Yes
Been called a tease: I don't remember. Probably due to the fact that if I were being a tease I would have been trashed or extremely intoxicated.
Caused a car wreck: no
Shoplifted: About 30 years ago, yes

LAYER EIGHT: Getting Older

Age where you believe your life really began (if not yet, give a guess): 35
Do you have children, if so, how many and what are their ages: no kids
What do you really want to be when you grow up: I'm already doing it.
Where would you like to retire to: here
One fear about getting older: Debilitating illness

LAYER NINE: The Opposite Sex

Eye color: Anything but hazel
Hair color: All my husbands have been redheads
Short or long hair: Short
Height: At least 5'10".
Best first date location: Casual restaurant

LAYER TEN: In The Numbers...

Number of jobs I've had in my life: 6
Number of people I could trust with my life: 10
Number of CDs that I own: Somewhere in the range of 400
Number of piercings: Just one in each ear
Number of tattoos: Needle phobic me has none.
Number of times my name has appeared in the Newspaper: 5
Number of scars: One big scar on my abdomen and a few minor ones from burns.
Number of things in my past that I regret: I don't know that they're true regrets because all my past has led me to now but there a three or four things that I think I could have avoided that may have made life easier on me.

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think your best physical feature is a tie between your eyes, smile and hair.

1:50 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I got hair approval from Lisa! I got hair approval from Lisa!!

Trust me, this is a monumentous event for me, folks!! I am one very happy child right now!

10:46 PM  
Blogger Mikki Marshall said...

This was great...all the layers were good.
And stop lying, you know that you've been called a tease.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home