http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Hausfrau-y things

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Hausfrau-y things

Oh I was the picture of industry today. Up and dressed and off grocery shopping before breakfast. Kitchen scrubbed. Floors vacuumed and mopped. Laundry done. Dusting finished. By golly I'm just June Cleaver today. Nice feeling of accomplishment though.

I finally called it quits on knitting the bear. The more I knit, the dumber it looked so I bound it off and realized that instead of knitting an attractive cowl I'd knit a big, black, fuzzy...miniskirt. Evidently I made a poor, poor choice in the length of the circular needled I used. Like 20 centemeters too much of bad choice. You know this thing was entirely too wide when I could get it over my hips with more than enough room to spare. I can't even describe how ridiculous it looks. Bet I laughed at it for a half hour straight.

Yes, dear readers, I have learned my lesson about knitting a swatch. And I have lots and lots of work to do frogging this nightmare in eyelash yarn as punishment.

It was a learning experience! I shall remain undaunted! I shall create my cowl!

But first I'm going to knit a swatch!

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you crack me up, dix.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Beege said...

Girl, this is why I don't knit anything that's not rectangular. Or triangular. Or a baby hat. 'Cuz I hate gauge. I always screw up the gauge.

*sigh* So I hear you on the bear/cowl thing.

2:49 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Beege, I think I definitely need to go back to rectangular for a while until I get over this circular trauma. I put the bear in a closet because I simply can't stand to even handle it any longer and picked up some straight needles, some nice regular poly-wool yarn and I'm knitting for a gift a lovely scarf in a seed stitch. You have to pay attention with it more than just the mindless, neverending garter stitch in the round has you do but at least I know that it's going to turn out well.

Twenty-four stitches cast on 5.5 mm needles. Knit in seed stitch until its long enough. Bind off in pattern. Call it done. That's my idea of a pattern I make up for myself.

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home