http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Rule Britannia!

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Rule Britannia!

I slept in late this morning and didn't get started making breakfast until after 11am. I'd just put the kettle on to boil when a package was delivered. And by God I was excited because it was from Sally.

A couple weeks ago Sally had asked me to pay for an item bought in Germany and send it to her and to cover it we worked out a trade - I get her the package and she sends me goodies from England.

Sal really outdid herself. First of all she saved my mayonnaise loving butt by sending me two squeeze bottles of Hellmann's! Cue up the BLTs this weekend! And I'm so pleased to know that Queen Elizabeth buys Hellmann's too. Says so right on the bottle. My Hellmann's would not lie.

I'd asked that Sally send me some PG Tips. I just love PG Tips. I like the tea I can get here - Messmer is good tea - but I just like PG Tips the best. I can get it here but to do it I have to go downtown to the British shop and that's just not always possible for me. Now I have plenty to carry me over until my next venture to the British shop because Sal sent me two huge boxes, one being the limited edition special blend. I actually let out a squeal when I saw that! And I'm especially blessed that it arrived just in time for me to brew a pot for breakfast.

And if that wasn't enough, there were the packages of milk chocolate HobNobs that I'd also asked for. Much more than I deserved! Now tell me, what's better than a cup of tea and a few chocolate HobNobs? Nothing, that's what! I'm so in love with these biscuits. And don't call them cookies because they're so British they practically have three lions on them. They're nobbly and oaty! Nobbly and oaty! Only something from England can get away with being described as nobbly and oaty! By God, if I were pregnant and delivering twins I'd name them Nobbly and Oaty in honor of fabulous HobNobs! Why aren't you British people out right now stuffing your faces with chocolate HobNobs and washing it down with PG Tips until you positively burst? I would! I'd figure out a way to subsist on tea and HobNobs were it possible. Screw your fascination with Krispy Kreme - by God you people have tea and delicious nobbly, oaty HobNobs to live on!! You need nothing else!

So thank you, Sally. Thank you for making this little peach so very, very happy. You're just fabulous and I adore you. I adore England. I am shunning my Welsh and Scottish genes for a moment and for today I am only acknowledging my English genes!

I'd better stop before I start professing undying devotion to David Beckham and my tongue snaps off its roller. And I get deported.

2Comments:

Blogger BarefootCajun said...

PG Tips is my absolute favorite!!! I found a little Indian market just down the street that sells the boxes of 240 bags. I am in heaven, I tell you.

Now what's this about a limited edition special blend???? We Yanks are dying to know. :-D

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go, Sally!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home