http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Here. Look at some knitting.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Here. Look at some knitting.


Cause I haven't made you look at any in a while.

Cashmerino. Silver gray and teal cashmerino. Say it with me. Caaaashmerino. Sounds all snuggly and soft and luxurious, doesn't it? Of course it does. It's a blend of merino wool and cashmere so it all but screams "Come snuggle your face in me and sigh deeply!".

This yummy yarn was sent to me by my sweet friend, Lorrie, who, despite not knowing a damn thing about knitting, sure knows how to pick out yarn. She picked this one because it's called...say it with me like you're crooning to a lover... cashmerino. Even a non-knitter like Lorrie was lured in by its siren song. It's the Loreley of yarn names.

It's lovely stuff. Knits up like a dream. I'm not using a pattern - just 25 stitches on a 5mm needle in moss stitch, 40 row blocks of each color until I either run out of yarn or it's the length I wish it to be. I'll fringe it if I have enough yarn.

And as it's silver gray and teal I'm all set to stay warm should I find myself at a Philadelphia Eagles football game.

6Comments:

Blogger Kirsti said...

Ooooh. Cashmerino. Yummmmmy stuff. *wipes drool off her chin*. Glad you're enjoying knitting it - and great idea for a stitch pattern too. I'll keep watching for updates :)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY!! I'm so glad you're enjoying your cashmerino. I'm just tickled that you're knitting with it so soon!

I miss you bunches.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Twisted Lady said...

I knitted a beauuuutiful baby afghan for my first born. It took forever! Finally, I got to the end and could not, for the life of me, remember how to cast off. Seriously! I ended up ripping it apart and doing crochet.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

*snicker* That's wrong for me to laugh but I can just visualize you ripping that poor afghan apart. Did colorful swearing accompany the event?

9:34 PM  
Blogger Beege said...

Ohhhh...how yummy.

It makes me want to get nekkid and wrap up in it!

Neat colors, too!

12:08 AM  
Blogger Twisted Lady said...

ME? Say bad words? NEVER!!

LOL!

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home