http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: In which I give you what you want

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

In which I give you what you want

My dear, dear friend, Mollie, wrote in my comments from yesterday's post in regards to her own funky boil thing:

"Anyway, the thing popped and I swear a marshmallow popped out."

I can't top that (and I'm pretty thankful for that except to say that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard) but if y'all want details, by golly I'll give 'em to you. As much as I can stand to give anyway.

So yesterday my day was occupied by my pressing the gook out of this giant pimple thing. What had happened is that I have a cyst there anyway that is most of the time dormant but since it's been hot and I'm a world class head sweater, sweat and who-knows-what-else collected in the little hole that was left from the last time I had this cyst turn into some sort of sci-fi creature and thus it became the funky giant pimple. Anyway, every couple of hours I was pressing out junk that can best be described as technicolor and I didn't think it would end. Finally late last night before bed I was going to give it one last cleaning out for the night and I noticed some white stuff coming out that wouldn't wipe away.

Ugh. This was going to require more work.

Gauze and antiseptic at the ready I put some real effort into getting it dislodged and damn if that extra pressure didn't work. White chunk of who-knows-what came out, I felt an instant relief from the pressure and whatever was backed up behind it came out in a rush.

I stiffled back a scream. I didn't think 1:30am was the time to startle the neighbors with my gross out act.

Lots of technicolor grossness came out finally ending in bright blood and I called myself finished. I cleaned up the wound site and went to bed thinking that tomorrow would see me having more goo for the doctor to deal with.

As I sat and waited for the doctor I was dreading the incision part. An open gash in one's neck is never pleasant, even less so when it's very humid outside. Still I was looking forward to getting on the road to healing. My doctor looked at the what was now a very changed scene from the previous morning and said "So...you got it out, huh? Well, that's good! No need for me to cut on it. Just keep it clean, use the antibiotic salve and keep taking the antibiotic pills. Come back if it gets swollen and painful again."

Yay!

So far it's remained technicolor goo free - only a little oily, watery discharge. The swelling is virtually gone and the pain is definitely gone...only a little tenderness at the wound site and I'm hoping I've dodged the blade and it'll all heal up without further incident.

There now. I'm much better and y'all got some gory details. I'm positively high on the win-win of it all!

14Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I should change my Gumbo name to Princess Marshmallow Armpit.

I mean, forever more when people see my name on this blog they will instantly think "Oh, that's Kim's friend with the henious armpit boil.".

Wow- I think I have reached a milestone- referring to myself, a boil and armpit more than twice in a single day.

Mollie
aka: Marhsmallow Boil

10:58 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Moll, the world knowing about you having a funky boil is akin to acknowledging that Princess Diana used the toilet. One knows it's within the realm of possibility but one can't quite get one's head around the idea that you weren't exempt from such things. :-D

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like it was disgusting, dix.

and yet, I couldn't stop reading. :)

glad your giant pimple is feeling better today.

11:47 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Mollie as Princess Marshmallow Armpit, that's a good one. Hardly believable, but a good one!

I'm glad you're ok. I'm also glad you posted this because I had something to put on my blog and I thought maybe it might be too gross overall to do it (I'm actually waiting until tonight because I want my husband to clear it first, haha).

Anyway! Glad you took care of business! Good work!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I get those all the time. Usually on my chin or my neck right up front under my chin. I thing this is due to the fact that I rest my chin on my hand when I think and when I sleep. Anyways, you are not alone. Thanks for sharing and reminding me I am not alone. All human here.

1:56 AM  
Blogger Kirsti said...

Ewww. Definitely better out than festering on the back of your neck. I hope it heals up, never to return!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Belinda said...

LMAO@ you n Mr.Fab

I love reading your blog. The end.

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooohhh, that was tremendously satisfying... I mean, you can't just have a big giant pimple and not pop it!!!! Even though the whole ordeal was gross, I'm glad you shared because the thought of an unpopped pimple, it was upsetting! You know, the morbid fascination of it all. I don't pretend to understand this aspect of human nature, I just accept it.

Hah! Anyway, as you said, now you can heal and I HOPE that thing never bothers you again.

My mom has some weird thing on her leg that is not even a pimple, but she's asking me if I'll cut into her to see what it is... Just a little cut, you know! (For pity's sake) I said, "Cut it with what, Mom? A steak knife?!" Sheesh! Not like we have scalpels laying around... hell no. I said, very calmly, "Mom... I am not going to cut your leg, okay!?" (She said, "We have an Xacto knife!" I'm like, "NO Mom!!!" I don't think she was really serious... but EW!)

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derma-licious! Well, you done it, you topped my ghastly burnt boob. I'm not charring any other intimate parts to best you, though. I lay the trophy at your feet. :)

9:44 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

I wish I could play the demure, sensitive female and pretend to gag, but I've got one of those things on my back. At least you could get to yours, I have to depend upon the willingness of others to poke and prod the stupid thing when it flares up. Thankfully it's only about once every four years.

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh DixieP, I now have yet another new appreciation for you and your honest sharing.

I thought I was the only one to get these damn things - it's that stuff no one likes to admit and talk about.

Mine is on my upper and inner thigh. Im supposing it is an ingrown hair but it wont budge. I guess it's time to go do the stirrups appt anyway and let the PA look at it while she's there.

I wonder what the docs think when they have to deal w/these kinds of ooky things??

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I wonder that the docs think when they have to deal w/these kinds of ooky thing??"

Mmm, candy!
Docs = the kids who enjoyed cutting up those African worms and fetal pigs in school. They thrive on ooky things, the lucky dawgs.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

My neck started hurting just thinking about it. I read every word, though! LOL! Glad you're feeling better.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

I had one of those last week because well ummmm I think it was an ingrown hair where I gave myself a full brazilian shave (I was going on vacation you know!). Now try popping one in *that* place discretely!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home