http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - British Pop Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Friday Shuffle - British Pop Edition

I like England. I've been there only once but loved every moment I was there (if you don't include the scary people at the rather creepy hotel in which I stayed). I loved the sights, I loved the people and I really loved the bookshops. I love pretty much everything about England except it's soccer team and Harrods. One has to draw the line somewhere.

But what I likely love best about England, excluding PG Tips and HobNobs, is their music. I'm a lover of cheesy pop music and British cheesy pop music is gourmet cheese so today's shuffle comes from Bixente the iPod's British pop folder. It's not all cheese but it's definitely all British.
  1. You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers
  2. Lady Godiva - Peter & Gordon
  3. Little Willy - Sweet
  4. Girl - The Beatles
  5. Rock Island Line - Lonnie Donegan
  6. Downtown - Petula Clark
  7. Come And Get It - Badfinger
  8. Lay Back In The Arms Of Someone - Smokie
  9. Carrie Anne - The Hollies
  10. For Your Love - The Yardbirds
Y'all enjoy your weekend. Cheer for England if you must.

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Great shuffle today! I love Brit-pop!

4:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Germany is going to slaughter us.

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pfffft. *snort* "Come and Get It". Badfinger? *ROTFL* I can't help it! :D

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie

do you know the CD's called Guilty Secrets? Appallingly cheesy, but fab!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Miss Kim said...

Ohhhh LOVELY. LOL.

10:45 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Love Carrie Anne. I also like Badfinger's Come and Get It -- always have.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari - I knew you'd be diggin' on this shuffle.

Candace - I hope it's true...I hope it's true...

Lisa - C'mon...Paul, my second favorite Beatle, wrote that song!

Anon - I'll have to look up that CD. I seriously love cheesy pop.

Kim - I like your enthusiasm!

Mr Fab...Katya - I love Carrie Anne too. It's the first "real" song I learned to play on the drums.

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home