http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: My magic touch

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

My magic touch

It's not situations turning to shit that's bothering me today. Instead what's irking me is that things around me are literally falling apart. Cases in point:

~ I went to the grocery store this morning with the intention of buying milk for coffee and some bell peppers. I'd have normally hiked up to Karstadt to get these things but I'm just not really keen on buying produce in a department store. Since I was heading to Kaufland anyway I took with me a case of empty Coke bottles to return. Unfortunately as I got there one of the three bottle return machines crapped out, the other was occupied by a guy who literally had a 120 liter trash bag full of bottles to return and the rest of us poor schlubs were forced to stand in an endless line. I'm rather amazed that I stood in line for over twenty minutes to return bottles without resorting to huffy sighing. Instead I took my frustrations out by thinking badly of a guy's girlfriend who was sitting at a display of patio furniture waiting on him while he stood in the bottle return line. Her obvious worship of the bored, vapid look that Paris Hilton has perfected plus her giant sunglasses that made her look like a skinny, blonde, pumps-with-capri-pants wearing fly was inticing me into thinking rather ungenerous thoughts regarding her intelligence.

~ I've been knitting Branching Out with some half cotton/half acrylic yarn and enjoying it. I was reminded that I have some cashmerino that I have yet to make into anything because I don't have a whole lot of it and I thought maybe I have enough to make another scarf. This afternoon I began the scarf with the cashmerino and was amazed at how quickly I was progressing until I caught myself knitting where I should have been purling.

Y'all know I suck at unknitting. I had that thing bollocksed up and frogged before I could watch the weather report telling me it's going to be another humid day tomorrow.

~ And of course since it's going to be beastly humid tomorrow, the fan I bought one week ago decided it would just up and quit. And then start again. And then quit. And start. And continue to act like it would like to star in a remake of Poltergeist. Let's hope I can get it unassembled and back into its box for returning without making it look like a pack of monkeys have been at it.

~ I have to shave B so we use an electric razor. I have enough trouble shaving my legs without turning them into bloody strips of flesh so me blade shaving him isn't a good idea. Today his razor decided it wouldn't be all smooth and curve hugging and and instead the head was so wonky that the shaving job I gave him looks like I used a butter knife.

~ The nearly new mouse on B's computer tonight decided it would work with the same efficiency as our fan.

But my geraniums are blooming well:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


and Germany won their game against Ecuador. The day is saved.

11Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Some days it just ain't worth it to get out of bed. I hope tomorrow's better.

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dix :)! i just passed by the porch and realized that one of my favorites (from way back then...) has a blog! i'd love to be a regular reader and i promise to comment enough to make your ego blissful ;). seriously, i'm very happy to see that you're doing well and i'd love to read more about your life in germany. i haven't read a lot yet, but i will, and i'm sure i'll enjoy it, because i remember you for your warmth, intelligence and insight :). glad to see you're doing well!

/ylva (who doesn't expect you to remember her ;) )

12:07 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Ylva! I do remember you - how many Swedes could I possibly know and forget? I was thinking of you the other day, as a matter of fact! How's life?

Ria - I'll give you a nickel if you fly over here and pack this fan up for me! Heh!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the flowers. Funny stories for today. I went in line to get my package and ended up with a huge thing all for my little battery...

Thanks for stopping by and hope your luck gets better this week!

3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*snort* Paris has a new VIDEO out too, did you see it? One in which she actually sings while writhing around semi-nude, instead of just writhing around semi-nude. And what's up with the ginormous glasses lately? They used to be so small you couldn't find them on your face and now all the styles are huge. Oh poor B! Those electric shavers sometimes mimic epilators. I've never known one to not go all wonky and start yanking instead of cutting. Your geraniums are gorgeous! I heard the hollering last night but didn't know it was for Germany. I'm glad they won. I bought both the boyz 'schland hats last night before I knew they were playing. It's good to know the sprogs will be in vogue today wherever we go. :)

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate laughing at the misfortune of others but you make it so funny that I just can't help it!

You and I are living the same lives I think, just in different cities lol

My man always comes home and is like "soooooo what got broken today". then I look at him sheepishly as I point to random, smoking electrical objects.

yesterday, my underneath neighbours were sitting out on their balcony and I SOMEHOW managed to fling a carrot out the window while peeling it.

my neighbours returned it. how nice :| lol

I shave my legs in the shower and because I have to take my glasses off, it's always a surprise to see what I did after I'm done. *sigh* lol

The photos are gorgeous btw! :D

11:36 AM  
Blogger Mahala said...

The geraniums make up for the rest :) BTW.. any pictures of the butter knife shave job?

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*lol*... true, how many of us could there actually be? also, while reading a couple of more posts on the porch i found out that u have a ginormous (did i spell that right?) brain and i guess there would be a small space left for me in one of those ;). how sweet of you to think of me! i'm doing fine. well, if you disregard that i have the flu and that my son is absolutely wild *shock*. i really don't know where he's getting it from...

now i'm gonna catch up a bit on your life :)!

hugs,

ylva

10:03 PM  
Blogger sari said...

"My man always comes home and is like "soooooo what got broken today". then I look at him sheepishly as I point to random, smoking electrical objects."

I'm sorry, I'm just laughing my head off. This could be me, too. And that returned carrot, classic.

Arhhh!

Your flowers are beautiful. This is the time of year when everything I've planted dies a quick and painful death in the 115 degree weather. I'd love to have some beautiful flowers like that!! I can almost smell them!

2:04 AM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I actually have tears in my eyes, laughing so hard over Belinda's carrot story. I thought I was gonna lose it. Anyway, yes, Germany won their game, and now I wonder who will win the USA-Ghana game tomorrow. I've said this before but, not to be a traitor or anything, I'd love to see Ghana win--or maybe have a draw. They deserve to be the Upset of these games!

4:32 AM  
Blogger christina said...

LOL Belinda and the carrot! I think I could probably manage something like that too, with all the stuff I've broken or maimed.

Dix - just blame it on the heat, but it's that heat that is making your geraniums SO pretty too!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home