http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Blogiversary Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Blogiversary Edition

There was a time, especially before I met and married B, that I often did things on a whim. I'd get the idea to start something, do it for a while, get tired of it and the move on to the next thing, sometimes with frightening rapidity. It sums up my first marriage fairly well.

When I started this blog there was a good chance that it would go the way of the countless other things that would hold my interest for a while before being shoved aside for something new, especially since I didn't have any idea what I wanted this blog to be like. No real clue about what to write, no real clue as to who would ever read it. I had a faltering beginning - hit or miss posting, thin content, no firm direction - but I found my groove and so far I've stuck with it.

I've had my blog for two years as of today. I suppose I should write something touching/profound/amusing/tear-jerking about my blogging experience but I'm too anxious to get on to the shuffle!
  1. Here It Goes Again - OK Go
  2. Bungle In The Jungle - Jethro Tull
  3. Daysleeper - REM
  4. Mississippi - Sheryl Crow
  5. Whatever's Left - Snow Patrol
  6. Jet Airliner - Steve Miller Band
  7. Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen
  8. Leaving So Soon? - Keane
  9. Good Ol' Boys Like Me - Don Williams
  10. Please Please Me - The Beatles
I'd be remiss if I didn't say something about y'all who come to read this blog regularly. It's easy to say that I write for myself and while I do, I write for y'all too. As the very clever Poppy would say, if we didn't want people to come read what we write, we'd just journal in a notebook. I don't know that I personally would journal, 'cause y'all wouldn't believe how often I simply can't find a pen around this place, but I sure wouldn't bother with blogging if I didn't want y'all to come visit and read and get to know me and in turn let me get to know y'all as well. I've met some terrific people, got to know folks from around the world and I've been able to let my loved ones back home keep up on my staggering malaise day to day doings. Y'all make it worth it.

Thanks for being a great audience. Today I celebrate you.

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Happy Day! I can't believe it, it seems like you just had one year, now two??

I remember when we first met, I thought you were so funny and smart and nice. And then we became friends and I just always pinch myself because you're so funny and nice and smart...and I'm such a geek and you still like me! I guess we all have our things. (You've got that knitting issue, you know!)

You were a big reason I started a blog, not that I would claim to be remotely as entertaining, nosirree!

Anyway, every day I celebrate you and I would read anything you wrote - your grocery list, to-do list, your address book, lists of horrible neighbors and their aflictions, whatever.

Keep it up, my friend. Write, and I will read.

XOXO

1:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary Ms. Dixie! Here's to many more. :)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

2 years! It does seem like just yesterday that it was your one year blogiversary. Happy Blogiversary!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

And you had Don Williams in your shuffle -- what a way to make a blogiversary. :)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

Dixie, you really are something else! Somehow you manage to elicit a tear and a smile almost every time you post something. I really am a better person because of you in MY life, and I mean that sincerely. So, I hope you never stop blogging! Happy Blogiversary.

BTW, I was the one who deleted that last comment--I called you Lisa before I realized my error. Not that you or Lisa would have minded, I'm sure?

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy blogiversary! Good shuffle, but when do you not have a good shuffle?

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home