http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Untraditionally Traditional

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Untraditionally Traditional

It's Thursday and that means it's time to use a time-honored form of Japanese poetry and twist it to fill my needs. It's still the 5-7-5 syllable form but it ain't your traditional Haiku.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Darling Mollie's sock
Pinks, browns, reds, grays - all stripey
Second's underway.

Doctor here today
"Get ready for your blood test!"
Drain me, Dracula.

Goulash on the stove
Pork, onions, hot paprika
Ooops! Too much pepper.

Cherry streusel cake
Bite down hard on a missed pit
My molar's aching.

Vine-like plant as gift
Came from my mother-in-law
Something new to kill.

Raining on window
Comforting as I wake up
'Cept I just washed them.

Busy Friday planned
Shop, wash, clean, look for new yarn
Which most important?


I cook better than I let on. Honest. But the plant thing is pretty well on the money.

4Comments:

Blogger Mimey said...

Drain me, Dracula is probably my favourite line in a haiku ever.


And I've read a lot of haiku ;-)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Well duh, looking for new yarn is most important. I know that and I don't even KNIT.

7:29 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I missed this yesterday but had to tell you I like it.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mollie loves the sock
Send it to her-now!now!now!
AC makes feet cold.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home