http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Getting Things Done Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Shuffle - Getting Things Done Edition

I've been a virtual ball 'o fire today. Everything I had set my mind to accomplish today got done. Groceries? Bought and put away. Cruddy bathroom? Cleaned down to the shine. Ironing? Finished and hung up in all it's starchy glory. Garbage that smelled so bad I nearly hurled every time I opened the cabinet door? Tied up, taken down to scary garbage room and bins cleaned and bleached.

I even had time to finish this little wooly confection. If you want to use some yummy cashmerino wool and you can't afford a lot, this is the project for you because it only takes one ball. If you want to learn to knit cables, this is the project for you because the cable pattern isn't overwhelming. If you want to start and finish a project in a couple days, this is the project for you. I finished the left hand one in about 4 1/2 hours and that was while watching episodes of Battlestar Galactica and Lost.

Here is my finished product. Move your cursor over the photo to see the action shot!



So while I'm still in the mood to finish things, let's shuffle.
  1. Bomb The Twist - The 5.6.7.8's
  2. Kiss - Tom Jones
  3. Crystal Ball - Keane
  4. Jungle Boogie - Kool & The Gang
  5. Pride And Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan
  6. Love Is Here - Starsailor
  7. My Doorbell - The White Stripes
  8. My Generation - The Who
  9. Miami 2017 (Seen The Lights Go Out On Broadway) - Billy Joel
  10. Running From Your Dad - Bowling For Soup
Hope you get done all you want to do this weekend, even if it's just doing nothing.

10Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still haven't finished my first sock, but now I'm inspired to knit your wristwarmers with the cables!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

They're easier to knit than socks...way faster. You get the practice of knitting on dpns but on bigger needles and there's some picking up stitches for the thumb that you have to know how to do if you're going to knit socks.

I'd suggest knitting the picked up stitches on the thumb through the back loop to twist the legs of the stitch and close up the holes that picked up stitches sometimes leave.

11:02 PM  
Blogger sari said...

You are so crafty! I really want to learn how to knit. Right after I finish this book I'm reading. And do that sudoku puzzle. And draw that picture. And write that letter. And....

ha ha

Have a great weekend!

11:08 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

After my cleaning blitz last weekend, my expectations for this weekend are gloriously low! That said, we're re-doing our entire front yard... which, in the Pacific Northwest, means downing HUGE trees and clearing tons of berry brambles, so surely it will be a BUSY weekend preparing for (no, not DOING) that! Have a good one!

Carol

11:43 PM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I had a very busy and productive morning and it feels great. I love the wrist warmer, how handy that will be come winter. Have a great weekend.

While I do like Tom Jones, I cannot abide by what he did to Prince's song: Kiss. I love Prince and what Tom did horrifies me, horrifies!

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie, I was just wondering why you don't wear your wedding ring on your right hand. If I remember right that is what people in Germany do.

Greetings from another Seattle area resident.

2:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dixie! You are right - these are easy so far. :) Granted, I just did my first cable round, so I might be cursing it all later...

Woo! I can knit cables! :)

(Super excited and dorky, had to share.)

3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a ball of Debbie Bliss cashmerino that's been kicking around here for nearly two years. Maybe this is what it's meant for.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Stevie Ray AND Kool and Gang?! How cool is that!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

I'm tellin' y'all, these wrist warmers are a fun knit and that cashmerino yarn knitting at the tighter gauge is so, so cushy! I'm happy I have a few more balls of it hanging around.

You know, I do normally wear my wedding ring on my right hand but I'd taken my rings off to knit and when I finished the wrist warmer I picked up the rings and put them on for the photo not even looking at which rings I'd picked up. Even if I'd put the proper rings on their normal hands it still would have looked like a wedding ring on my left hand because that's the normal hand I wear my tri-color interlocking band ring on.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home