http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: And Come Summer I'll Be Saying The Same

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

And Come Summer I'll Be Saying The Same

I hate to rely on a cliche but I may have no choice. I can either blame this blah feeling on post-holiday blues or just call it extreme-laziness-that-has-chosen-to-manifest-itself-in-winter. One is definitely easier than the other to write.

Know what I fancy doing these days? Going out only long enough to get bread at the bakery, taking care of B, watching movies, knitting, napping. Know what I'm actually doing these days? Go back two sentences.

Oh sure - I wash dishes and cook meals and wash enough clothes to keep me in clean outfits without having to resort to turning panties and socks inside out before wearing them but it's bare minimum effort. I'm like that paltry $15 payment you make on your Sears credit card - you ain't got more so you do the minimum to keep them off your ass another month.

I don't feel burned out and I don't want a change of scenery. I think. No, really I think I'm fine on that score. I don't feel sad or upset - just sort of tired and...muffled. Like I'm wrapped in cotton. Comfortable but not much stimulus is getting through.

I should probably finish this post in some now-let's-sum-up-in-a-clever-way but right now I couldn't be arsed.

Labels:

5Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

My husband has a pretty significant case of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Do you think maybe you're affected by the weather like that too? Would you want a small part-time job? (Or could you leave home/hubby that long?)

I hope you feel better soon! Your faithful readers love you!

Carol

7:42 AM  
Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Post-holiday blues? Hang in there. Knitting is good, show us what you're working on! I just got back into it myself and whipped out an entire sweater over the holidays!! Chunky wool and size 10 needles, baby!!

11:15 AM  
Blogger christina said...

I hear you! You've just described the past month around here. Let me know if you find a cure. :-)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Relax. It's just the time of year to hibernate, or more to the point, estivate backwards. January often brings on lethargy which is fun.

3:37 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Could you be arsed to do a meme? If so, consider yourself tagged.

If not, then happy Friday.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home