http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: It Probably Can't Get Worse

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, January 22, 2007

It Probably Can't Get Worse

I have hit bottom. This time it's really, really bad. It's worse than things being so ordinary around here that I have nothing to write about. I haven't even told you yet and still I can feel your disappointment in me already. And yet I feel as though I should make this public confession. Penance of a sort.

I stayed in my pajamas all day yesterday. All. day. long. I didn't even do the cheating thing where I shower and then put on a clean pair of jammies. No, it was face washed, teeth brushed, same pajamas. Went to bed wearing the same thing I woke up wearing.

And I don't even have the excuse that I was sick. Not that it would be an excuse. When I'm sick I still at least put on clean pajamas if I don't outright get dressed.

It's okay. You can admit it. You think less of me now. You've read this and the words "lazy", "slothful" and perhaps even "trifling" went through your mind. You've imagined me in my limp, rumpled jammies, my hair in a messy braid, my feet clad in my Cheeky Monkey slippers and your lip has curled in disgust. You didn't know I had it in me to sink so low.

But today was a different day. I was up bright and early to shower and wash and deep condition my hair. I donned clean, pressed clothes and makeup and did more today than loll on the sofa and knit and watch movies. I did actual housework and ran errands and even bothered to clean the sale papers out of my mailbox. I was myself again. And yet the urge to disappoint you and confess to it once again raged within me and so I have one more confession to make. I hope you can forgive me but but will understand if you, in good conscience, cannot.

I just ate a Hot Pocket.

Labels:

7Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I most certainly don't think less of you! If you're going to have one of those jammie days, might as well be in mid-January. In fact, I think it should be required.

Hot Pockets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KmkAZCevgw

3:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I did NOT think less of you for sitting around all day in your jammies... hell you washed your face and brushed your teeth, that's more than I've been known to do on occasion.

It was the Hot Pocket that got me. No, of course, I don't really think less of you, but... ew. I would never have imagined they sell those things in Germany. Can you not get real Strombolis or whatever? No, Strudel! Get some strudel! Yes, if you're going to eat food wrapped in pastry, at least make it strudel, right!?

4:13 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

I stayed in my jammies and read all day today. I wish I had Hotpockets...and ice cream. Haagen Dazs butterpecan.

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could give you a huge hug right now. Even if you're still in the same jammies <3

I hope you get to feeling better soon Kim!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Maven said...

Who are you kidding?

Disappointed?

I'm sure everyone who reads you has done the same thing at least once in their lives:)

Hell, I did that on Sunday, too!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Robin, I nearly hurt myself laughing every time I watch that guy's Hot Pocket routine!

12:33 AM  
Blogger blueVicar said...

I won't even tell you how many times I have stayed in the same clothes all day, all night, then all day again...without the face wash (though I always brush my teeth!)...but it's usually for a good reason...too busy to change!!

I wonder how many who live abroad do this...and maybe write stories about it? Hmmm...I'll have to see...

Will be back to read more!

Meilleurs voeux!!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home