http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Been Tagged Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Been Tagged Edition

Memes have a bad reputation in the blogging world for being lame and nothing but cheap, cheesy content but I'll admit that I dig them somewhat. Then again I'm the sort of person who really loves filling out forms and questionnaires. In 1990 I was disappointed that I didn't get the super long form of the national census and am really disappointed that I now don't get to fill out census forms of any sort anymore.

So when Sari tagged me, how could I resist - especially when I'm a little content deficient this week as it is?

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others, what would it be?
Rationalizing too much. Consider that to be code for "eating sweets".

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world, what would it be?
Yikes. Did someone drop me into the middle of the Miss America pageant?

I'd like for those living in the industrialized world, especially younger people, to lose their sense of entitlement. That they are somehow entitled to have whatever they want, do whatever they want, treat others however they want and have no consequence nor have to do anything to earn it.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
Wilma Flintstone. I think it's the buckskin, off the shoulder dress and stone "pearls" I wear every day.

4. If you could live one day of your life over again, which one would it be?
The day I married B. That was a wonderful day. And I would do my hair a bit better.

5. If you could go back into history and spend a day with one person, who would it be?
My great-grandmother, Litha Ann.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I know very, very little about her and I'd like to meet her before she married. I'd like to meet her as a young woman before she became a wife and mother to get to know just her.

6. What is one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you had back?
I'll consider it to be one set of things. I'd like to have all of my high school yearbooks back. They got left behind with my ex-husband and are gone forever. I'd just like to be able to show them to B.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
I'd like to think that it's any time I was able to comfort someone and lessen their despair and perhaps even encouraged them to hang on for one more day. That and mastering cables.

Oh look! Braided cables!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


World's spinning just a little bit better now because of them.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
I'm good at speaking other languages without a really obvious American accent, except when I say the word hübsch. I always say that one a little funny.

9. What is your most cherished possession?
My diamond wedding ring. You want to steal it from me? You'll take an ass beating for your efforts, guaranteed.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
My mother. Virtually every trait I have came from her and it's taken me years to separate the good ones from the bad ones.

What word describes you better than any other?
Round.

I'll skip doing tags but if you're feeling a little content deficient and dig questions like I do, feel free to gank it for yourself.

Bixente the iPod doesn't answer questions - just fulfills my musical needs. Time to shuffle.
  1. On Your Wings - Iron & Wine
  2. Gimme Three Steps - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  3. Always Our Children - Terry Gonda
  4. I'm Free - The Who
  5. Desire - U2
  6. Whiskey In The Jar - Metallica
  7. Beautiful Dream - Adam Ant (oh my goodness...that song is like four minutes of white hot smokin' sex)
  8. You've Got To Hide Your Love Away - The Beatles
  9. Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol
  10. You Look So Good In Love - George Strait
Have a great weekend. Take your fun where you find it.

Labels: ,

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Molly Hatchet rules. Oh, Trainwrecks is down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtX7HkJjqeo

10:10 PM  
Blogger Mimey said...

Entitlement. I like that. Your gift to the world, you made me think for a moment there. And I am of course in the process of stealing this although my MIL may interrupt that at any moment :-(

6:01 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I hardly ever do these myself, Dixie, but I loved reading this! Your sense of humor sure does me good. :)

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home