http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: It'll Pass Soon. I Think.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

It'll Pass Soon. I Think.

Not that I was happy that Poppy has it, but I was comforted in knowing that I'm not the only one suffering from The Malaise. Everything seems like such an effort and the only thing that seems to hold my interest for more than ten minutes at a time is sleeping. I promised my mother last Saturday that I'd call her again the next day. I haven't done it yet. I just can't scare up the energy to call my own mother.

Warm up for me the rickety folding metal chair in Hell for that.

I have email to answer, haven't done it yet. Knitting projects that I need to complete and get out of my hair and I haven't finished them yet. Packages I need to mail and I haven't walked to the post office yet to send them. A literal mountain of laundry has piled up and the most I've done is one load and simply looked at the rest before walking away. And I've got some heinous goo that's somehow gotten itself baked on the bottom of my oven and I really haven't taken care of that yet. You know if that if it takes a Herculean effort for me to knit then I ain't gonna lift a finger for the heinous goo.

And let's add into this hearty mix that my temper is a bit brittle this week. For example, B's aunt - the one I can barely stand - sent over via my MIL a birthday gift for me last Friday. This gift giving has somehow translated itself into us having to invite the annoying aunt and uncle over for coffee and cake on Saturday so I can express even further my gratitude that this gift wasn't as shitty as what she gave me for Christmas. When we called on Monday with the invitation we told her "next week on Saturday". It was said four or five times. We found out today, also via my MIL, that annoying aunt thinks we meant this Saturday - the day after tomorrow sort of Saturday. It shouldn't have but that just pushed me over the edge. I spent the next half hour having a conniption fit that I have to rearrange my entire weekend schedule of malaise to accommodate them because annoying aunt can't fucking listen properly.

Look at me. I'm getting all worked up again just recounting it.

I swear, if her dog pees on my carpet again and she sits on her ass while my MIL cleans it up, I'm going to do bad, bad things to her with sharp objects.

Of course B's good at talking me down when I'm going into vapor lock. He lets me get it out and then gets all reasonable on me. He said "Look, it's just for two hours. You can do anything for two hours. Just think that it's better than two hours in the hospital.".

I don't know about that. They let me sleep in the hospital and no one peed on the floor.

And while I've got your attention, let me ask you this. Are your fingers broken? Are you unable to leave some comment love? I know I've been a little slack on commenting myself lately but what's your excuse? I'm the one suffering from heinous oven goo and annoying aunt! I'm the one with The Malaise! I need the soothing!

I apologize. That was wrong of me, chiding you in that way. It seems that not only do I have The Malaise but I'm also evidently suffering from Shameless Begging.

Labels:

15Comments:

Blogger BadKat said...

I am so sorry that you feel neglected!!!!
I feel you with the dog thing. I have a cat that is constantly puking on the carpet, and this is only because she eats EVERYTHING: old leaves she found stuck to a shoe, styofoam packing peanuts, ribbon, carpet fibers, trash, scraps she steals when she thinks no one is looking, and she even drinks water out of soaking dishes in the sink (soapy or not). All of it ends up on my ivory carpet. At least I have trained my boyfriend to spill and stuff on the dark area rugs.
Hey, in the hospital someone brings you food every couple of hours, you can watch TV and if you really did not feel inclined to get up to use the bathroom, you could call a nurse for a bedpan!!!!!
The hospital sounds
much better thn forced time with family members.
Feel better soon, were past the halfway mark to summer, where sunny days, actual day light and warmth await!!!!

1:04 AM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I have no good reason for not leaving a comment. That was wrong. I come here everyday just like I go to Poppies. ANd I will admit, I almost called both out and started bitching because you had not updated and I wanted to read!

But I soon calmed myself with two, not one, but two pieces of cake and now I feel totally gross. I am not blaming you two however. I should have some control over cake right?

Anyways I love my Peach. And I'll give you some lovin!

(now get your ass to the post office) LOL

1:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you'd like, I can pass on my insane organization-phoria that has me wanting to clean and organize instead of knit. That second sock? Never gonna get finished at this rate.

But the organization-phoria? I'm using it to my full advantage. I'll send it 'cross the ocean when I'm done. :)

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B.'s aunt needs to be punched in the face. Pure and simple. This sounds assy, I know, but at least you'll get her visit over with and won't have to spend the next week dreading it.

I can knit. That's about all I can muster these days. Unfortunately, there's a baby gift that needs finishing, as does a donator quilt that are being neglected because all I can fucking do is knit.

Malaise. Blah.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my excuse is that I have what you have. I haven't written a post about it because that's just how much I can't be bothered to do stuff lol

my dishes have been in the sink for a couple of days as if leaving them there makes 'em go away.

I need to vaccum. I need to dechalk my shower......I need to do lots of stuff.

I can't even be bothered to KNIT.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Malaise has attacked us all, then. I can't be bothered to do anything since... oh, about 1973.

As for commenting, no one is commenting on my blog either. :D Seems like I've run everyone off, but no matter. Since I'm all alone it's given me incentive to go ahead and publish those sordid sex stories from my youth I've been holding back so long.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry for my lack of commenting! I have been horrid lately. I suggest you make some exlax brownies for your dearest Auntie in law! I am sure you will feel a bit perkier when springs comes around, winter is for hibernation.

1:32 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

To heck with all the goo and laundry. Enjoy today with B and just scrape off a chair for dear ol auntie tomorrow after she arrives.
I'm sorry you're off your salt. It happens to the best of us sometimes. I'm here everyday whether I say so or not.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It's just wrong that you have do deal with The Malaise and with the awful aunt. You should only have to deal with one at a time.

4:57 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

Comment love coming your way...MMMMMMMMwah!

5:53 PM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh geez, the Malaise. I know how that feels. I've been reading away, just too darn lazy to comment. And my house has just imploded with the kitchen reno. There is stuff EVERYWHERE and I am certainly not motivated to do anything about it.

Those family obligations can just totally drain you when you're already down and out. Two hours that could be better spent doing something you enjoy with people you actually like.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Dixie! I've got a touch of the malaise too, I love reading your blog!! Sorry about the awful aunt.
Best wishes!
Stephanie in Michigan

7:59 PM  
Blogger melusina said...

It's the February malaise. I've been all lurky on blogs lately.

You mean you actually endeavor to take care of the oven goo? I just let it stay indefinitely. I mean, it will just come back.

When the aunt's dog pees on the carpet, you can just use tough love and force her head into the piss spot. That might keep her from ever coming back!

As to the hospital, well, they don't always let you sleep, and I've been known to pee on the floor a time or two. Not that I'm proud of it, but those drugs they give you make your brain trick you into thinking its ok to pee before you've found your way to the bathroom. Oops.

I hope you feel less malaisy soon.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Y'all are the best. I whine and you come and comfort me. You're the best, I tell you!

11:07 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

I'm sorry to be late in commenting on your malaise...but my malaise impeded me from reading and commenting.

I'm catching up on my reading now.

You know you're my favorite Peach and my blogging mentor.

I'll try to be better, but my world seems to be weighing on me more than usual of late...

5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home