http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Just Pretend It's Tuesday

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just Pretend It's Tuesday

I was good and even though I finished the first Hippy Dippy Tie Dye sock for Poppy on Sunday night I wanted to keep true to my word and waited to post a picture of it because of my promise to y'all that Tuesdays would be about knitting.

And then Tuesday rolled around and once again my incredibly inept and achingly annoying Internet service provider was not supplying me with service. If it keeps up the gloves are coming off and I'm uncrossing those words. I will, however, say in their defense that I wasn't out of service the entire night. It did come back up for 4 minutes around 1am. I timed it. Anyway, I got rooked out of yarn talk time so dammit, I'm taking it today.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Isn't it pretty? It's Fortissima Cotton Colori (75% cotton, 25% nylon) knit with US size 0 (2mm) needles in my standard basic sock pattern (1 1/2 inch 2x2 ribbed cuff with stockinette leg and foot) but this time with a wrapped short row heel - my very first! Knitting with such weency needles takes a bit longer I reckon but it makes for a tighter fabric that should wear better, especially with this cotton yarn. That's the theory anyway. And until I say differently (read: after my first major screw up), short row heels are my heels of choice when appropriate. I loved getting finished with the heel and zooming right on into the foot.

I had originally planned to finish the braided cable socks I'm thisclose to finishing anyway but when I got finished with Poppy's first sock I went ahead and started the second. I think I'm still on that short row heel high.

Okay, you can go back to your Wednesday now. And Thursday will definitely stay Thursday. May even be a Haiku Thursday.

3Comments:

Blogger Molly said...

Lovely and kind of psychedelic!
My daughter is starting to knit. I hope to get socks for Christmas.

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it! And it's obviously custom-made to my measurments. Look how stubby and wide the foot is!

You're the bestest.

3:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely! Short row heels are my favourite to knit too. So quick!

10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home