http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Dotty Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Dotty Edition

I haven't tortured treated y'all to a bulleted list in a while. Connecting the dots is completely optional.
  • While taking a nap this afternoon I dreamed that I was driving down a beat up road in a Chevy from the early 70s and I passed Darryl Hannah on the road. She was driving a Volkswagen Beetle. An old beige one. It makes me wonder if Darryl Hannah has ever dreamed about me while taking a nap.
  • Thinking further on the dream topic, one of my quirks is that when I dream, about 85% of the time the people in the dream are strangers to me. I perhaps know them in the dream as though we're all characters in a movie or something but they aren't people I know in the real awake world. After the thoughts on Darryl Hannah, I wonder if the people in my dreams are people from the real world and we're all just invading one another's dreams.
  • Now you know why I love my afternoon naps.
  • At the risk of being accused of breaking my recent "No knitting talk on Fridays" rule, I have to mention that I have completed my first short row sock heel. I love it. Short row heels, where have you been all my life? Actually you were always out there but I had no hope of understanding how to do one until I read the directions for it for the 284th time.
  • Dear MDCC, If I paid my bill to you with the same efficiency as you've been providing me Internet service this week you'd sue me. Keep that in mind when I call you next week to tell you to shove your service up your collective asses.
  • I have the feeling that as much as my husband loves me now, if he'd met me, say, thirty years ago, he wouldn't have given me a second look. He says otherwise but he's never seen my teeth before I had them capped.
  • I had a good ass though. Maybe that would have made up for it.
Enough with the dotted ramblings. Let's shuffle.
  1. He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
  2. Three Black Crows - Blackmore's Night
  3. I Should Have Known Better - The Beatles
  4. Natural High - Vanessa Paradis
  5. Radio Free Europe - REM
  6. Ever Fallen In Love? - Buzzcocks
  7. She Bangs The Drums - Stone Roses
  8. Higher Than The Sun - Primal Scream
  9. I Don't Know Why You Don't Want Me - Rosanne Cash
  10. Show Me The Way - Peter Frampton
Enjoy your weekend. I'll be back Monday with a finished sock and maybe a new Internet service.

5Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Ooh! #6 and #5 (in that order) ... two of the best songs ever.

I don't mind hearing about the knitting. You have to read about my kids, we're even, ha ha. ;)

2:27 AM  
Blogger zoe xx said...

NO Sari - 8 and 7 in that order, tsk tsk! Good Madchester sounds Dix! Keep it up!

I must admit the knitting stuff goes right over my head, but I don't mind it!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Ginnie Hart said...

I declare, Dixie. You've definitely given me a nice laugh over your dreams and naps. Hmmm. You could come up with some nice Dream Theory very quickly. :)

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He totally would have loved you 30 years ago. Not as much as he would have loved me, but he definately would have gone for you..definately. :)

Love you, Dix.

6:28 PM  
Blogger sari said...

Zoe: :-)

Lisa, is that you, Bear?

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home