http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Everything At Once Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday Shuffle - Everything At Once Edition

I said I'd do it
And it's true! I really will!
It's all in one post.

Haiku! Photos! Lists!
Bulleted or by numbers
With a shuffle too!

  • Why can't I just stop time with my hair? Right now I'm hitting a good hair day every day. It's nothing to do with how it's cut or colored - it's probably everything to do with the alignment of the planets.
  • I'm up to reading Harry Potter IV and have thrown aside knitting in favor of tales of wizards. I've also had a few dreams about Harry Potter, as if I'm a character in a book, and I'm fairly sure that means my geek quotient is at an all-time high.
  • While I'm very good with keeping the outside of my car clean, the inside is pathetic. Nothing exactly gross in it - no fast food wrappers tossed around or abandoned clothing items - but I'm fairly certain that there's enough dust in it that were it all compressed together it would be enough to form a fair size island. The dog hair's fairly out of control as well and I wish I had a nickel for every TicTac that's spilled out onto the floor. Sad, sad, sad.
  • Know what I'm looking forward to while visiting the US this fall? Yes, yes - seeing my family and friends tops the list but coming in a close second is buying new shoes. There's a lot about Germany that I like but their idea of shoes isn't among them. 'Cept for the Birkenstocks. Birkenstock clogs make me very happy.
Speaking of shoes, get ready to dance. Bixente the iPod's ready to shuffle.
  1. Sail On Sail On - NRBQ
  2. Latchmere - The Maccabees
  3. Boat On The River - Styx
  4. My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
  5. Im Nin'Alu - Ofra Haza
  6. Your Mother Should Know - The Beatles
  7. Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull
  8. I Want You Now - The Feeling
  9. Sherry Darling - Bruce Springsteen
  10. Reflections - Diana Ross and the Supremes
A shuffle as all over the place as this blog entry is.

And to round things out here's your photo - a super groovy Kinder Surprise egg changing photo. Glide that cursor over the photo to see it change!

This time the prize is a puzzle.



Awwwww! A puppy and daisies! What better way to wind up a week than with an adorable puppy and daisies?!

Have a great weekend filled with adorable things.

Labels: , , ,

8Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I *love* Your Mother Should Know. That is such a good song!

Have a great weekend, and I'm impressed with the multi-purpose blog today!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Kristina said...

How funny that Sari said what I was going to say - Your Mother Should Know is one of my favorites!

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a southern expat too... but only in California. still, there are days that i definitely feel like an outsider. oh - and i love yer mix!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I love those kinder eggs -- they are so cute.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to crack up when you said you've had Harry Potter dreams. Hehe. Me too. It's usually just that I'm somehow in the HP magical world and hear the familiar names. Admittedly, though, the X-Files dreams I used to have were better (because Mulder always seemed to have the hots for me - Thank God Harry doesn't... he's a little young, ahem).

11:28 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I enter the world of Harry Potter in my dreams whenever I am reading one of those books as well. Goblet of Fire is my favorite. We were actually living in America when it came out and got to stand in line at midnight. Mandy was nine and so sweet. We read it together out loud. Memories...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Save me a spot on the geek squad... I dream about Harry Potter, too!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't make a haiku if it would save my life. If it ever comes to saving my life I plan to steal one of yours. :)

I used to love my hair too. It was this unique shade of auburn no one had ever seen before, or so they kept saying. These days when I'm not slapping some description of fruity color on it, it's a combo of gray and mousy brown. *sigh*

I succumbed and ordered Harry 7! Let the countdown begin! :D

You own a car?! Respect. I haven't driven in eight years. Well, legally that is. (drove a couple times in emergency when Michael had the brain surgery, I figured the German police would forgive me the circumstances but now in hindsight I bet they wouldn't have, lucky I didn't get caught)

I am looking forward to your posts from the other side, so much. You're taking the laptop with you, yes? Family has access, surely. Don't want to think about the alternative - weeks without my daily dose of Dixie = sorrow!

Birkenstocks ROOL.

My last two dogs (and really, hopefully my last two dogs, I plan to admire others' dogs from afar from now on) ate their own poo, therefore dogs no longer hold any charm for me, puppies or otherwise. I think your dog doesn't eat her own poo, however, nor would she even think about it, right? Dixie's dog wouldn't do that because I bet Dixie wouldn't put up with it.

*blatantly overlooking the fact she eats used Kleenex off the sidewalk*
**just not thinking about that**

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home