http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - All Done In Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Friday Shuffle - All Done In Edition

Please let me begin with an apology. I have nothing for y'all today. I am so sleep deprived that my legs are literally twitching and this week I've been witness to enough sniping, backbiting, disrespect and general pissiness to fill me for a while. I'm cranky, burned out and right now the only thing that might make me feel better would be a large dish of Kraft Macaroni 'n Cheese. I am done in and as mentally empty as a football.

But I did get my hair washed. Woohoo! A golden moment in an otherwise forgettable week.

I have nothing more to offer than a shuffle so let's get at it.
  1. Roll Me Away - Bob Seger
  2. Henrietta - The Fratellis
  3. Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs
  4. The Lonely Bull - Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass
  5. London Calling - The Clash
  6. Cold As Ice - Foreigner
  7. Cruel To Be Kind - Nick Lowe
  8. Monday Morning Rock - Marshall Crenshaw
  9. Do You Feel Like We Do - Peter Frampton
  10. Across The Universe - Fiona Apple
Honestly, not everything this week has been lousy. Poppy finally sold her crapshack charming bungalow. I'll go back to calling it the crapshack once she's got a firm contract on it - I ain't chancing my negative vibes bollocksing up the sale. And I did get an invitation to join an online community that brings together those of us who have a certain passion for a certain craft - more about that in coming weeks. There's usually something good to be enjoyed even when you're feel like a two year old in dire need of a nap. Have anything good happen to you this week? Leave me a comment and tell me what it was. Or just tell me something - anything - that makes you instantly happy. I'm in search of some happy 'cause I'm all out of mac 'n cheese.

Labels:

7Comments:

Blogger sari said...

Your shuffle is good this week!

I'm sorry your week has sucked. I'm going to email you some pictures of things that make me happy. I can't put them here, but you know it when you get it.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Hi Dixie! I got a new computer which makes me so happy. I can boot up and be online in moments instead of the dreaded 15 minutes of hard drive rattle. AND I'm making chicken cacciatori for dinner in the crock pot.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Dixie,

Forget what makes me happy (nuttin' much lately). I'm worried about YOU!! Are you OK?? Your week sounds horrendous... the kind where you just want to crawl under the covers and stay there. I'm so sorry!

I DO have Mac and Cheese -- a Costco sized contained of it, in fact -- with 18 boxes. Want it?

Carol

11:59 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

At least you had a good shuffle. I hope your weekend is better.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Hilda said...

Hey Dixie...sorry you're feeling blue.

Molly mentioned a crock pot - I bet remembering the time B thought you had said "crackpipe" instead of crockpot will make you at least smile. Remember the weeks of hilarity that ensued on "the porch"? BWAHAHAHA! I still laugh about that. :)

Have a good weekend my friend.

3:12 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Oh, oh, oh. This is not good at all. At least you know there are going to be better weeks to come.

My garden is making me very happy these days and being able to spend a lot of time outside in this glorious weather has REALLY improved my usually cranky mood.

Hope things start looking up for ya! {{hugs}}

9:12 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Sari - Of course Marshall Crenshaw made me think of you immediately. And thanks for the pictures. I got a huge smile from them.

Molly - The words "hard drive rattle" cracked me up because I really know that sound. Glad you won't be hearing it anymore!

Carol - Seeing you here makes me smile a lot. Don't fret about me. It's nothing a solid night's sleep won't improve. And you can't be shipping mac 'n cheese halfway around the world - but it's tempting! Heh! You're so sweet to me.

Katya - Good shuffles fix a lot, don't they? Especially when they're songs that bring back good memories.

Hilda - The crock pot/crack pipe story still makes me laugh too. "Honey, do they sell crock pots in Germany? Maybe in a catalog?" "Crack pipes?! Why would they sell crack pipes in a catalog?!"

Christina - I have to admit the weather does help. I can't imagine having the week I've had with typical Aprilwetter. I'm betting your garden is going to be glorious this year. We're gonna have to try to get together soon - I could use a day off.

Thank you all for being here for me. Y'all are fabulous!

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home