http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: All A-Twitter Here

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All A-Twitter Here

I'm so, so excited! Look at what I got in the mail yesterday!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And now you're saying "My goodness, Dixie...you sure are easy to please! A blessing to gift givers the world over! No diamonds or furs for you! Not when you get so fired up over two rubber caps with a piece of elastic strung between them!"

Ahhhh...but they're not just any ol' bits of rubber and elastic. These bits of rubber and plastic can do this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


I can take a sock in progress and when I'm not working on it tuck the ends of the double pointed needles into each of the rubber caps and it's all held taut by by the elastic band. Do you know what this means? Do you have any idea what this means?

It means I can tuck my sock project into my pocket and carry it with me without the stitches falling off...and more importantly my leg won't be repeatedly pierced by the ends of the needles. I've been stabbed so many times by double pointed needles that I was considering wearing thigh pads under my clothes but my thighs look big enough already.

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kim wrote:

Do you have any idea what this means?


Yes, sirree I do! It means I will be getting those socks soon!


D- Mollie

10:59 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I love that someone actually invented something like that! What a great little gadget.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

In your pocket? Where do you store the extra ball of yarn...your clevage???

5:17 AM  
Blogger christina said...

Where do you store the extra ball of yarn...your clevage??? LOL!


Ahhh, it's the little things in life, isn't it? I can well imagine how annoying it must be to be poked by a rogue knitting needle when you're bending down to tie your shoes. And now you can take your knitting anywhere - just imagine the possibilities!

7:51 AM  
Blogger Molly said...

Pretty darn cool. Happy times ahead!

3:06 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

You know I don't knit, but that is just the coolest thing ever!

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Tiffany said! :) That thing is cool.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Okay - who told that I carry my working yarn in my cleavage? Heh!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home