http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Slogging Through

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Slogging Through

I'm about a third finished with the leg of the second of the Pink Ribbon socks. I'd taken a break to do some quick knitting for another charity project and now that it's finished I can get the socks complete and sent off to the happy recipient.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The completed first sock.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The leg detail.

I'd mentioned before that my change in perspective and attitude was letting me enjoy the knitting process of this project more and it's holding true with this second sock. Normally I am bad to have Second Sock Syndrome - the inability to knit the second sock of a pair because you're so anxious to start a new pair - but I'm enjoying this second sock even more than the first. I think it also help that the sweet lady who won these socks had itty bitty feet. You take your joy where you can find it.

I don't think I'll have them finished before the weekend but if things work out well perhaps they'll be done this time next week. And then I don't want to see any solid pink yarn for a while.

Stripes. I need to knit something with stripes.

Labels: ,

5Comments:

Blogger Hilda said...

The socks are beautiful - the color is perfect - Happy Bob Ha-Ha winner!

Dixie, I was reading your "What I'm Doing" - why don't you just have the stuff shipped to the US?

:)

1:04 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Oooo, no. First, the postage would be outrageous. And then I'd have to pay customs in the US on something I'm going to take back to Germany.

I'm just going to hope it ships before I leave town.

1:12 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

Good thing for you I didn't win it. I have size 11/12 feet! You would be knitting till 2008!

4:12 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

The socks are lovely, I am glad you are having so much fun with them.

12:35 PM  
Blogger kbryan said...

SCREAMS! Those socks are going to look so cute on my feet - I almost hate to wear them. Maybe I'll just wear them on my hands to show off.

I am amazed at your progress. They are a fabulous color and I can't wait to see them in person.

What a good thing you have done.

Kay

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home