http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: You Are Absolutely Going to Kick my Butt for Doing This

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You Are Absolutely Going to Kick my Butt for Doing This

But...

1. I got it from Lisa. And I adore Lisa!
2. Hilda digs memes. This one will probably leave her as giddy as if I gave her a day off from work, a new purse and a Cuban sandwich.

Here's a list of 239 films. Supposedly if you've seen more than 85 of them you probably have no life. I'm thinking that if you've seen less than 85 of them you probably haven't been inside a movie theater since before Nixon was president and you refer to the television as the "boob tube". Or you're my mother.

Here we go. Assorted comments by me in italics.

(x) Rocky Horror Picture Show Seen it a frightening number of times...and paid for the priviledge.
(x) Grease
(x) Pirates of the Caribbean
( ) Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man’s Chest
( ) Boondock Saints
(x) Fight Club
(x) Starsky and Hutch
(x) Neverending Story Jeez, I hate that stupid flying dog. And that whispery fairy girl.
(x) Blazing Saddles May be one of the funniest movies I've ever seen.
(x) Airplane
total = 7

(x) The Princess Bride
(x) AnchorMan Saw it twice on the same US to Europe flight.
(x) Napoleon Dynamite
(x) Labyrinth
(x) Saw Gory, but good.
(x) Saw II Just gory.
(x) White Noise
(x) White Oleander Book was better.
(x) Anger Management
total = 9

(x) 50 First Dates
(x) The Princess Diaries
(x) The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement They should have stopped with the first one.
(x) Scream
(x) Scream 2
(x) Scream 3
(x) Scary Movie
(x) Scary Movie 2
(x) Scary Movie 3
total = 9

( ) Scary Movie 4
(x) American Pie
(x) American Pie 2
(x) American Wedding
( ) American Pie Band Camp Even I know when to quit.
(x) Harry Potter 1
(x) Harry Potter 2
(x) Harry Potter 3
(x) Harry Potter 4
total = 7

( ) Resident Evil 1
( ) Resident Evil 2
(x) The Wedding Singer
(x) Little Black Book
(x) The Village
( ) Lilo & Stitch
(x) Finding Nemo
(x) Finding Neverland I know this movie was supposed to be so great but it bored me to tears.
(x) Signs
(x) The Grinch Complete crap.
total = 7

(x) Texas Chainsaw Massacre Both the original and the remake.
( ) Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
( ) White Chicks I will never be bored enough to watch this. I'd read a Nicholas Sparks book first.
(x) Butterfly Effect
( ) 13 Going on 30 I watched the first 30 minutes and then I switched the channel to see if I could find White Chicks on TV.
(x) I, Robot
(x) Robots
(x) Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story
( ) Universal Soldier
(x) Lemony Snicket: A Series Of Unfortunate Events
total = 6

(x) Along Came Polly
(x) Deep Impact
( ) KingPin
(x) Never Been Kissed
(x) Meet The Parents
(x) Meet the Fockers
( ) Eight Crazy Nights
(x) Joe Dirt I'll admit it - I find this movie to be hilarious.
(x) King Kong
( ) A Cinderella Story
total = 7

(x) The Terminal
(x) The Lizzie McGuire Movie Proof that I will watch almost anything if it's on my TV in English.
( ) Passport to Paris
(x) Dumb & Dumber
( ) Dumber & Dumberer
(x) Final Destination
(x) Final Destination 2
(x) Final Destination 3
(x) Halloween
(x) The Ring
total = 8

(x) The Ring 2
(x) Surviving X-MAS
( ) Flubber
( ) Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
(x) Practical Magic
(x) Chicago I could watch this weekly.
(x) Ghost Ship
(x) From Hell
( ) Hellboy
(x) Secret Window
total = 7

(x) I Am Sam And I cried and cried!
(x) The Whole Nine Yards
( ) The Whole Ten Yards
(x) The Day After Tomorrow
(x) Child’s Play
( ) Seed of Chucky
(x) Bride of Chucky
(x) Ten Things I Hate About You
(x) Just Married
(x) Gothika
total = 8

(x) Nightmare on Elm Street
(x) Sixteen Candles Perhaps the most quotable movie ever.
(x) Remember the Titans
( ) Coach Carter
(x) The Grudge
( ) The Grudge 2
(x) The Mask
( ) Son Of The Mask
( ) Bad Boys
( ) Bad Boys 2
total = 5

( ) Joy Ride
( ) Lucky Number Slevin
(x) Ocean’s Eleven
( ) Ocean’s Twelve
(x) Bourne Identity
(x) Bourne Supremacy
(x) Lone Star I love John Sayles movies.
(x) Bedazzled The original is great. The remake is crap.
(x) Predator I
( ) Predator II
total = 6

(x) The Fog
(x) Ice Age
( ) Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
( ) Curious George
(x) Independence Day
(x) Cujo
(x) A Bronx Tale
( ) Darkness Falls
(x) Christine
(x) ET
total = 7

(x) Children of the Corn
( ) My Boss's Daughter
(x) Maid in Manhattan
(x) War of the Worlds
( ) Rush Hour
( ) Rush Hour 2
( ) Best Bet
(x) How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
( ) She’s All That
(x) Calendar Girls
total = 5

(x) Sideways I hated this movie. I have never wanted to slap two characters more in my entire life than those two pissant guys.
(x) Mars Attacks
( ) Event Horizon
(x) Ever After
(x) Wizard of Oz
(x) Forrest Gump
(x) Big Trouble in Little China
(x) The Terminator
(x) The Terminator 2
(x) The Terminator 3
total = 9

(x) X-Men
(x) X-2
( ) X-3
(x) Spider-Man
(x) Spider-Man 2
(x) Sky High
(x) Jeepers Creepers
( ) Jeepers Creepers 2
(x) Catch Me If You Can
(x) The Little Mermaid
total = 8

(x) Freaky Friday
(x) Reign of Fire
(x) The Skulls
(x) Cruel Intentions
( ) Cruel Intentions 2
(x) The Hot Chick B loves Rob Schneider. He thinks he's the greatest actor ever. Don't ask.
(x) Shrek
(x) Shrek 2
( ) Swimfan
(x) Miracle on 34th street
total = 8

(x) Old School
(x) The Notebook I blame my being on an airplane for having sat through this maudlin crap. And the weren't showing White Chicks on the flight.
(x) K-Pax
(x) Krippendorf’s Tribe
( ) A Walk to Remember I won't count this even though I watched over half of this boring crap.
(x) Ice Castles
( ) Boogeyman
(x) The 40-year-old Virgin
(x) Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring
(x) Lord of the Rings The Two Towers
total = 8

(x) Lord of the Rings Return Of the King
(x) Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
(x) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
(x) Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
( ) Basketball Do they mean BASEketball? I've seen BASEketball.
( ) Hostel
(x) Waiting for Guffman Brilliant
( ) House of 1000 Corpses
( ) Devils Rejects
(x) Elf
(x) Highlander
total = 7...8 if you count BASEketball.

(x) Mothman Prophecies Book was interesting. Movie was disappointing.
(x) American History X
( ) Three
(x) The Jacket
(x) Kung Fu Hustle Fabulously hilarious
( ) Shaolin Soccer
(x) Nightwatch
(x) Monsters Inc.
(x) Titanic And I want those three hours of my life back.
(x) Monty Python and the Holy Grail So I can watch this twice more.
total = 8

(x) Shaun Of the Dead I love Simon Pegg!
(x) Willard
(x) High Tension I almost fainted from the gore in this movie.
( ) Club Dread
(x) Hulk
(x) Dawn Of the Dead
(x) Hook Horrible, horrible, boring, movie.
(x) Chronicles Of Narnia The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
(x) 28 days later
( ) Orgazmo
total = 8

( ) Phantasm
(x) Waterworld Which is essentially The Postman but with boats.
(x) Kill Bill vol 1
(x) Kill Bill vol 2 I love these movies.
(x) Mortal Kombat
( ) Wolf Creek
(x) Kingdom of Heaven
( ) The Hills Have Eyes I have it recorded but I haven't watched it yet.
( ) I Spit on Your Grave aka the Day of the Woman
total = 5

( ) The Last House on the Left
( ) Re-Animator
( ) Army of Darkness
( ) Star Wars Ep. I The Phantom Menace
( ) Star Wars Ep. II Attack of the Clones
( ) Star Wars Ep. III Revenge of the Sith I have these thee films recorded but haven't watched them.
(x) Star Wars Ep. IV A New Hope But this film I saw 25 times in 4 weeks when it was first released.
(x) Star Wars Ep. V The Empire Strikes Back
(x) Star Wars Ep. VI Return of the Jedi
( ) Ewoks Caravan Of Courage Oh please!
total = 3

( ) Ewoks The Battle For Endor Is this a real movie?
(x) The Matrix
(x) The Matrix Reloaded
(x) The Matrix Revolutions
( ) Animatrix
( ) Evil Dead
( ) Evil Dead 2
(x) Team America: World Police Nasty and tacky and crude and funny
(x) Red Dragon
(x) Silence of the Lambs
(x) Hannibal
total = 7

Whoa. Had to break out the calculator for this. 169 movies seen. 170 if we count BASEketball. Oh hell, let's count it.



Labels:

8Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Apparently I have no life -- I've seen 140 of them. :)

1:45 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

OH, this is the coolest Meme, I am putting it on my to do list. I didn't count as I went through your list I want to be surprised. Thanks, Dixie, I especially liked the comments.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

Only 20 here... I almost never go to the movies!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Hilda said...

88 here! I posted the wholeshebang on my Blog.

Fun!

5:33 AM  
Blogger Miz said...

I have only seen about 40 of them but I still have no life.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore you right back. :)

I feel so goofy. It was indeed 'Baseketball' and I my inner neurotic took over and corrected it. So you got your 170.

No butt kickin' coming from this direction. I was surprised and geekily proud I'd seen so many.

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I am a guy but I've watched 216 of the movies listed. I can't see how Barefoot puts up with me!

12:26 PM  
Blogger Isabelle said...

My count was 150.. I'm a self-proclaimed movie buff, so I think I have some work to do.. hehe.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home