Friday Shuffle - Resurrected Dots Edition
It's day twenty-tree of NaBloPoMo and I have yet to resort to a bulleted list! Or pictures of my knitting!
Don't cheer too loudly. We've still got a week to go, my friends, and the bottom could drop out any moment. Like now.
- My left foot is sore, right where the toes meet the ball of my foot. Not agonizing pain or something - just a dull ache, like a headache in my foot. I can't decide whether I've injured it somehow and don't remember doing it or if I'm getting arthritis in my foot or maybe it's just time to start all the "It's hell getting old." talk. Massaging my foot helps though.
- Know what is really awful about having a quadriplegic husband? You guess it. He can't massage my feet for me.
- If you're tempted to email me and tell me I'm being selfish to complain about how my husband's disability effects me, save yourself the effort. Use that time instead to come over and massage my foot.
- I'm in the mood to watch a good horror movie. Not one of those slasher things because they alternately bore me and annoy me. Something suspenseful and creepy and ghosty. Something where stuff jumps out and I shriek a little. Any suggestions?
- Currently I'm reading The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory. I bought it when I was killing time at the airport in Memphis. It's a novel so it can (and does) have all sorts of historical inaccuracies but it's still a pretty good read - a good yarn for a rainy late fall afternoon. You feel sort of virtuous for reading something somewhat educational but it's like eating granola - it feels "good for you" even if you know that it's full of fat and sugar.
- You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb - Spoon
- She's Rather Be With Me - The Turtles
- 22 Grand Job - The Rakes
- Killing the Blues - Robert Plant/Alison Krauss
- Life On Mars? - David Bowie
- Song Of Joy - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (That certainly satisfied my appetite for something creepy.)
- I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl - Queen Latifah
- Girl - The Beatles
- Whiskey In The Jar - Thin Lizzy
- Tupelo Honey - Van Morrison