http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - Seasoned Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday Shuffle - Seasoned Edition

Oh I see you there. Peeking around the corner all fraidy-cat like. You can c'mon in. It's safe. No meme today. Oh admit it. It's not so bad when I do a meme because I try to jazz 'em up a little. It's like a jar of Ragu spaghetti sauce and I goose it up with a few extra spices.

But you do get another old stand-by - the bulleted list. Don't look for too much jazzing up though. You can do what you want but you can't really cover up that it's meandering list of blahblah set off by dots.
  • Yesterday I had to do some translating from English to German for a friend. Holy shit, that was a pain in the neck. Nothing but technical and legal jargon. Anyone who does that for a living must have a permanent glazed-over look in their eyes and a never ending trickle of drool escaping from the corner of their mouth.

  • I've been talking on the phone with Belinda a lot this week and I've come to realize something - I have missed girlfriend phone calls. I used to burn up the phone when I lived in America from talking with my girlfriends for hours but since I've moved to Germany I haven't done that. I mean I do talk with Darling Mollie but that's only about once a week - the time difference makes it difficult to talk on the phone more often - and so our conversations have to be more about catching up on each other's lives. And I have other friends in Germany but they're also friends of B and so it means that we talk to them together. But talking with Belinda has brought me back to fun phone calls where you can be a bit dishy and then talk about makeup or knitting or stuff you saw on TV and get giggly. I finish phone calls like that and find myself smiling and wanting to give myself a facial and a pedicure or something else painfully girly-girl.

  • Every time I watch this raunchy bit of humor I laugh until I get the hiccups.

  • Wasa Crack and Taste crackers in the tomato and cheese flavor. Yum yummity yum yum yum. But yeesh! Embarrassingly stupid ass name. Nearly as embarrassing as shouting out to the Internet world "Yum yummity yum yum yum!" to express one's love of herby, tomatoey, cheesy crackers.

  • I'm making potato salad for B and I to eat this weekend. Let's see. Potatoes? Check! Eggs? Check! Salt and pepper? Check! Hellmann's mayonnaise in a 10 ounce squeeze bottle that cost me 4.49€? Check! Heinz pickle relish in a 10 ounce jar that cost me 4.99€? Check! I'm making a bowl of potato salad that's costing me in the neighborhood of 13.00€ and I'm not finding anything wrong with this! What's happened to me?
On with some shuffling.
  1. Well Thought Out Twinkles - Silversun Pickups
  2. The Underdog - Spoon
  3. American Girl - Tom Petty
  4. Superman - REM
  5. Mama Told Me (Not To Come) - Tom Jones with Stereophonics
  6. Two of Us - Aimee Mann & Michael Penn
  7. Suffragette City - David Bowie
  8. Big Star - The Jayhawks
  9. Your Spirit's Alive - Dropkick Murphys
  10. Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I thank you from the bottom o' me ticker for enduring the MeMe-a-thon. I tagged you for both because I knew you'd jazz them up, as you say.

Yes, paying 13 Euros for salad ingredients and finding no problem with it is akin to what we experience here in Jordan. Turkey dinner with dressing and all of the trimmings...around 40 JD (almost 40 Euros). Homemade brownies (Nigella's recipe) will run me nearly 5 JD and they are gone before I can say "don't get crumbs on the..."

Have a lovely weekend and enjoy that potato salad.

9:07 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

A girls' gotta do what a girl's gotta do when it comes to potato salad. Enjoy it, and have a great weekend!

3:38 PM  
Blogger TroyBoy said...

Nice shuffle.

12:14 AM  
Blogger sari said...

I like your shuffle as well!!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

It's funny how sometimes raunchy things just make you laugh hysterically -- everytime I see Justin Timberlake and that other guy do "D**k in a Box," I laugh out loud.

Like your shuffle -- I haven't heard of Silversun Pickups though, but any shuffle with Aimee Mann is cool to me. :)

8:46 PM  
Blogger The Ferryman said...

American Girl--my favorite Petty song!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home