http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: Friday Shuffle - My Extreme Apologies Edition

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Friday Shuffle - My Extreme Apologies Edition

I'm sorry folks. Very, very sorry. I don't have a thing for y'all today. Nothing is going on here, I haven't been anywhere and I haven't done anything. I could blame mid-winter blahs for this but I won't. I will be honest.

It's sheer laziness.

The events of today: After morning meditation and grooming I went to buy bread. Came home and ate a late breakfast - it was late because I didn't drag my butt out of bed until 10:30 this morning. We can't even call it breakfast because we ate it at 12:30 so technically it was lunch. Afterwards I knit a few rounds, fell asleep while watching the afternoon news and then I went grocery shopping, but only because we were about out of food. While shopping I could have bought enough to last us a week or more but I was too lazy to bother with it so I only purchased enough to get us to Monday or Tuesday and went back home. I put away the groceries and was so done in by that that I had to have a nap for an hour and then I knit for a little while. B needed a bath so I took care of that and then it was back to sitting around with him, chatting, dozing off if something boring was going on the TV and then I knit another few round. Dinnertime! I could have cooked - I'd bought something to cook - but I was too lazy and B wasn't too hungry so dinner ended up being canned soup. We ate and now I'm here. Oh! I did empty the dishwasher (points for me!) but the two bowls and the saucepan I used for the soup heating haven't as of yet made it into the dishwasher (points removed!).

I'm not tired or feeling bad or depressed or anything of the sort. I'm just lazy. I just don't want to do anything that takes any effort. The apartment isn't dirty, per se, but there are little things wrong like me having a very clean bathroom but I haven't dusted the living room in two weeks. Just don't want to. I don't want to take the bottles and jars to the recycling bin. I need to go to the mall and get a new cartridge for the printer but I couldn't be arsed to do it.

I suppose I could stress over the cause of my laziness and fret over when it will end but I can't be arsed about that either. Honestly, I'm having fun being shiftless. My husband doesn't mind it - I always take care of him no matter what...laziness never extends to his care - and I'm sort of enjoying not doing anything and not having any guilt over it.

Bixente the iPod's got to work though. Shuffle for me, boy.
  1. Still - Alanis Morrissette
  2. Dog and Butterfly - Heart
  3. Your Love Alone Is Not Enough - Manic Street Preachers
  4. Little Angel - Hard-Fi
  5. Wheel of Fortune - Kay Starr
  6. Love Like a Bomb - Oasis
  7. Hip Teens Don't Wear Blue Jeans - Frank Popp Ensemble
  8. This Old Heart Of Mine - Isley Brothers
  9. All You Ever Do is Bring Me Down (featuring Flaco Jimenez) - The Mavericks
  10. All I Ever Wanted Was You - Michael Stanley Band
I'm heading to Berlin on Sunday. An actual effort will be made!

Labels: ,

4Comments:

Blogger Mahala said...

Nothing to write about can also mean no drama. That can be a good thing.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I enjoy the slow pace of my life. Not sure if that makes me lazy or if it means that I get 'it'.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Princess Cat's Pajamas said...

I think this coming Monday is going to be a day like that for me. Every once in a while, it feels good to be lazy.

10:45 PM  
Blogger The Big Finn said...

I love Dog & Butterfly; one of my favorite albums.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home