http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: What Do You Do When You Have Nothing to Write?

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Monday, March 03, 2008

What Do You Do When You Have Nothing to Write?

Show a picture and pretend it's like providing actual blog content! Pray that all your readers are fooled!

Behold! One of the socks I'm knitting for UmmFarouq!

Photobucket


A little stitch detail for those among us who get positively giddy over things like groovy stitch details.

Photobucket


And that, dear friends, is what I did all weekend. What I did when I wasn't doing run-of-the-mill things like cutting B's hair and cooking supper and attempting to beat the ever growing pile of laundry into submission, that is. I knit and kept myself out of the storm that was howling outside my window. Have you seen the video of the Lufthansa plane attempting to land in Hamburg during the crazy winds? I didn't have anything that exciting go on but I did have to jump back from the heavy metal door of our apartment's trash room when I unlocked it and a gust of wind flung it back towards me with a great deal of speed. And very early on Saturday morning I was abruptly awakened by some pretty startling thunder and wind and rain blowing against my windows. Know how when you wake up suddenly you don't exactly have the most logical of thought processes? The wind was so strong and the rain was pounding against the glass so hard that it sounded to me as if the windows would give way and break at any moment. Sounded so convincing that I jumped up and sat in the living room for fifteen or so minutes until I woke up enough to realize that those windows absolutely weren't going to burst into the apartment. My apartment is built somewhat sturdier than Auntie Em and Uncle Henry's farm house.

So since it was dangerous to venture outdoors I stayed in. And knit. And knit. And knit. And now my right elbow is killing me.

Danger lurks around every corner.

Labels:

6Comments:

Blogger sari said...

I don't seem to have much lately, either.

Glad your windows didn't blow in.

I've been reading lately - The Book Thief. Have you read it??

1:11 AM  
Blogger Marshamlow said...

I love the groovy stitches! My family says we had a big storm last night, however, I seem to have slept right through it.

2:31 PM  
Blogger JEANNETTE said...

Our little house backs right onto the Elbe, so it gets hit with alot of wind even on a quiet day. So Saturday was pretty extreme! It wasn't nearly as bad as the storm that hit us January 2007 though...remember that one?
I'm so glad I wasn't on that plane - I would have died of fright!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Tiffany said...

I'm loving the sock.

We had a storm awhile back that blew of part of our roof.

I hate the big winds.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Rositta said...

Oh, I so covet that sock pattern...We saw the Lufthansa jet almost disaster a few times on the tv, pretty darn scary...ciao

3:08 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I cannot wait!!

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home