http://www.one.org Dixie Peach: It's Not Like I've Been Completely Shiftless

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It's Not Like I've Been Completely Shiftless

...although the contents of my dirty clothes hamper may say otherwise.

Admittedly I haven't been a bundle of industry but it's winter. I'm hibernating.

And I have knit these socks:

Photobucket


And then I knit these socks:

Photobucket


And presently I'm knitting these socks:

Photobucket


And you know what I'm going to do tomorrow? I'm going to mail all those socks to the people for whom they were knit!* Really! Really and truly go to the post office and send them off! And then the heavens will open and angels will descend and burst into song because it will mean a true miracle has happened!

And then I'm going to go home and continue to ignore the laundry because two miracles in one day will likely get me in trouble with the United Brotherhood of Angels.

*I shall not be mailing out the unfinished sock because UmmFarouq likely does not wish to wear a single unfinished sock leg with four pointy metal sticks attached. I don't care how cute that yarn is.

Labels: ,

8Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful! I especially like the solid blue ones.

Carol

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one talented hibernator!!
I've always wished that I could knit like that.

Keep up the good work-- since Ummfarouq is my sister, maybe she'll eventually hand them down to me!! ha ha

3:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the way the Yarn Love ones look! So glad I passed that on to you so you could make fabulous monkeys with it. :)

And I'm totally doing Crosshatch Lace ones right now. Well, I started them a few days ago (for the third time) and I'm still on ribbing, but totally making those. :)

4:51 AM  
Blogger UmmFarouq said...

I love these socks and cannot contain my excitement! It dropped below zero again last night in Amman and all I could think about were my warm (not!) feet.

Floridagirl, in order to have anything handed down to you, you must hop on a plane and come see me!

I am very, very excited about your beautiful handiwork, Dixie.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Dixie said...

Carol - Thanks, sweetie. They were some tedious jokers to knit but the results are so worth it.

floridagirl - Do you wear socks down there in Florida? I reckon some day I'll have to knit you your own pair.

Kara - Thank you again for that Yarn Love yarn. I really liked knitting with it and it was perfect to knit Monkeys with. And I'm liking the Crosshatch lace pattern. I now use two sets of dpns to knit with so I knit both at the same time. I did the cuff and the first three pattern repeats of one sock and I'm halfway through the cuff of the second sock - can't wait to finish that boring cuff!

UmmFarouq - I'm so glad you like how your socks are starting. I think the yarn is happy - it reminds me of spring flowers. I have to call my socks something in my knitting project notebook so I've dubbed them "Amman Socks" because that's where they're heading!

9:49 PM  
Blogger sari said...

I love the socks!

Did you MAKE that sock monkey??? It's so cute! But you know, I'm partial to sock monkeys. ;-)

3:31 AM  
Blogger Maria said...

I didn't realize you knit the monkey, also. But then it would stand to reason that eventually you would want to give Lottie brothers and sisters. The monkey is so cute and the socks are gorgeous!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Dixie said...

No no! I didn't knit or otherwise make that little sock monkey. His name is Buddy and he was a gift from my sister. And Buddy does go with Lottie and my sock bunny, Bernadette.

I put him in the picture because the name of the pattern for that pair of socks is Monkey.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home